- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Big Sunday connects people through helping. We provide a wide variety of opportunities and projects that bring people together to improve lives, build community and give people a sense of belonging.
The idea is that absolutely everyone has some way that they can help somebody else. In these divisive times we like to focus on what we all have in common.
Please check out our website at www.bigsunday.org.
PRIMARY PURPOSE/NATURE OF WORK
Big Sunday is seeking a Program Assistant to provide assistance in all kinds of ways both in the office and at Big Sunday events.
We are looking for someone energetic, lively, organized, hard-working, dependable, fun and kind. This person should like to be part of a team, but is also adept at working on their own. We’re also looking for someone who enjoys people and wants to help us bring diverse people together in the name of helping one another.
This is an entry-level job.
We are still largely partially remotely, but are on a staggered in-person schedule. This person will be expected to be in the office a least 3 days a week, and increasingly as COVID restrictions ease.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. This person will often be the first person someone sees or speaks to at Big Sunday. He or she will answer phones and be the de facto receptionist.
2. Communicates with volunteers, nonprofit partners, donors and anyone else who calls or comes through the door
3. Helps out at Big Sunday volunteer events before, during and after. This includes preparation, set-up, and event coordination.
4. Taking a primary role in some of Big Sunday’s online programs
5. Taking a role in Big Sunday's special events and ongoing activities.
6. Helps maintain and organize the office
7. Helping arrange for drop-offs and pick-ups of donations and materials; some heavy lifting involved.
8. Running errands
- BA/BS or Associate’s Degree, or at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with events and event planning helpful
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write/edit well
- Web design abilities very helpful
- Familiarity with and/or enjoyment of social media helpful, too
- Enthusiasm and ability to envision and implement new projects
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, and Google applications
- If you have practical skills (painting, carpentry, gardening, cooking, photography, handiwork, etc.) that is definitely helpful and please let us know!
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. A good sense of humor
2. Strong organizational skills.
3. A friendly demeanor.
4. Enjoying meeting new people.
6. Grace under fire.
7. A good sense of humor.
8. Being well-organized is helpful.
9. Good computer skills.
10. Good writing skills.
11. Being reliable.
12. Please note: There is heavy lifting.
13. A good sense of humor.
Being a self-starter is very helpful.
We are a small organization, so everyone is called on to pitch in in all kinds of ways.
There is room to grow in this job.
You will be asked to work at least one weekend per month, occasionally two weekends. There is an occasional nighttime event as well.
Details at a Glance
Full Time Schedule
April 25, 2022
- Benefits include fully paid health insurance
- Generous paid leave (vacation, sick, and holidays - including two full weeks off in August and at the year-end holidays)
- A supportive environment that allows you to implement new ideas and to growRead more about benefits
- No language requirements, but if you speak anything in addition to English, please let us know!
TEMPORARILY PARTIALLY REMOTE
Work must be performed in or near Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA, United States
To apply, please send via email to email@example.com. Please put the words PROGRAM ASSISTANT in the subject line.
- a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position
- your resume
- 3 references
- A writing sample
- Please do NOT call (really)
If you have other samples you think would be helpful - graphics, photos, videos - please feel free to include them.
WE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL Monday, April 25, 2022 AT 6:00 PM.