Marketing and Communications Manager
- 18 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
The Marketing + Communications Manager (“M+C Manager”) is responsible for successful media communications that advance the recognition of the Los Angeles Chapter (“AIALA”) and the Brand. The M+C Manager should have a passion for the arts, architecture, urban design and civic engagement.
We believe in the power of architecture to influence the well-being of Angelenos and our region. We are here to serve our members, architects, and the field they practice through advocacy, the fostering of design excellence and professional development.
AIALA recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At AIALA, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Noise level in the office is moderate to loud. Currently this position is completely virtual. However, we hope to transition to in person events. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two or four year college degree required.
- Two to four years of related work experience is desired, but not required.
- Familiarity with WordPress.
- Strong experience and demonstrated ability using graphic design software, including In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator; experience with
- Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or similar for editing video content a strong plus.
- Outstanding proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
Ability to effectively communicate with staff, executive management and the Board of Directors in fluent oral and written English.
- Produces and edits digital content as necessary: including, but not limited to, copy for the website, email announcements, weekly digital newsletters and social media content;
- Provides graphic support for all communications;
- Write and edit AIALA press releases and other communications copy as needed;
- Develops other content, including photos and videos, as needed;
- Supplies media with information and images;
- Manages the production of printed material, as instructed;
- Maintains contacts with media and identifies potential collaboration with other like-minded organizations;
- Provides general support at events as needed;
- Acts as liaison to Committees as assigned: attends meetings, manages attendance, marketing and support;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support of AIALA’s non-profit “spinoff” Architecture for Communities Los Angeles’ (“ACLA”) marketing and communications as needed.
- Works closely with the Web Developer to plan for website design, development, production.
- Curates the AIALA website and ensures that it contains current, compelling and well-presented information to our members and the public.
- Maintains the calendar.
- Maintains the pressroom.
- Curates and manages the production of weekly newsletters and dedicated solos.
- Create original content and effective messaging to distribute information and promote events and programs.
- Manages email communications to multiple lists.
- Builds and tests messages.
Programs and Events support
- Collect and manage graphic assets for AIALA’s award programs.
- Work with Events Department on coordination of member or public programs to include event planning, marketing, communications, logistics and registrations.
- Create unique messaging for all AIALA’s platforms, envision and manage effective outreach.
The M+ C Manager will maintain high ethical standards in the work place at all times. Any irregular issues and/or problems will be promptly reported to the Executive Director for solutions. Complies with and maintains confidentiality of AIALA’s policies and procedures.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to create effective marketing communication for events;
- Design-related experience, particularly graphic design and production strongly preferred;
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and processes;
- Strong, persuasive writing and detail-oriented editing: effectively analyzes information, speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions
- Exceptional time management skills;
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to details are a must;
- Interpersonal skills: works well with AIALA staff, Members, Board of
- Directors and external partners/sponsors, listens to others without interrupting;
- Flexibility: responds to changing priorities and competing needs with optimism and win-win solutions;
- Networking ability: reaches out to form key relationships and partnerships for AIALA;
- Analytical: uses intuition and experience to complement data;
Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Organizational Support: follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports AIALA and ACLA’s goals and values;
- Adaptability: changes approach or method to best fit the situation; ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events;
- Attendance/Punctuality: consistently at work and on time; ensures when absent work responsibilities are covered; arrives at meetings and appointments on time;
- Initiative: volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed;
- Judgment: exhibits sound and accurate judgment; displays willingness to make decisions. supports and explains reasoning for decisions;
- Professionalism: approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality: demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity: meets productivity standards; works quickly and manage expenses within allocated budget.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and listen. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to focus on computer screen for extended periods of time.
Essential Weight Lifting/Force Exertion Requirements:
Less than 1/3 of time: Up to 100 pounds with a lifting aid
1/3 to 2/3 of time: Up to 50 pounds with a lifting aid
More than 2/3 of time: Up to 10 pounds
Please contact us at email@example.com to apply.