Job Title: Director of Advancement
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, exempt
Terms: Commensurate with experience
LA Commons engages communities in the creation of art for public spaces that tells their unique stories and serves as the basis for dialogue, interaction and a better understanding of Los Angeles. Through collaboration with local partners who have built deep wells of trust, we leverage art and cultural approaches to create positive change.
Since 2002, we have worked with over 1,000 artists, trained and mentored over 3,000 youth artists, and engaged over 35,000 community members in collaboration with scores of partners in neighborhoods across Los Angeles County. Headquartered in Leimert Park, we are committed to investing in resilient networks of youth, artists and community partners in Central and South Los Angeles.
LA Commons, a fiscally sponsored project of Community Partners, is at a major inflection point and is seeking a skilled development professional to lead and manage this growth. With a 20 year history of community arts programs and creative place-keeping in Los Angeles County, we have embarked on an ambitious 3 year plan to right-size our organization to make sustainable and significant investments in our growing networks of youth, artists and community partners in Central and South Los Angeles. In partnership with the Executive Director and senior leadership team, the Director of Development will drive fundraising for LA Commons, creating and carrying out the next iteration of the strategic fund development for the organization. Specific responsibilities include:
- Building on existing Strategic Plan, develop and oversee implementation of Strategic Development Plan and Capital Campaign in consultation with leadership.
- Research, assess and recommend new sources of funding support in alignment with strategic plan goals.
- Develop and strengthen strategic relationships with individuals, corporations, government agencies and foundations.
- Set and achieve annual and long range fundraising goals, measuring progress throughout the year to ensure success.
- Prepare written grant proposals and reports, coordinating with leadership, development, communications and operations staff and fiscal sponsor.
- Oversee development and execution of online giving and individual engagement strategy.
- Oversee and manage revenue generating special events including online and in real life fundraising events.
- Experienced professional with a track record of building strategic partnerships with a diverse range of donors and partners, and with demonstrated success working with institutional donors to win $200K+ grants and contracts
- Experience working on the development and implementation of a capital campaign
- 5+ years in a leadership role, managing a team of professionals working in partnership development, fundraising, and/or communications
- Innovative and adaptive, devoted to professional growth based on lessons learned and constructive feedback.
- Excellent communicator across all verbal, visual, and written channels, able to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Love people and figuring out how to align their interests with opportunities to create change and gain the trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Highly organized multi-tasker with a project management mindset.
- Commitment to the value of healthy data and are comfortable using CRM and data to make relationship development and giving more predictable and efficient.
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy and engagement, including marketing and communication with a record of success focusing on key relationships that help scale a company's footprint in targeted marketplaces
LA Commons is a fiscally sponsored project of Community Partners, an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
4343 Leimert Park Blvd. Los Angeles 90008