The Volunteer Coordinator plays an integral role on the Development Team, overseeing Door of Hope’s volunteer program and in-kind donor relationships. The Volunteer Coordinator reports to and works closely with the Director of Development, cultivating strong community relationships with Door of Hope’s strategic fundraising plan in mind. A savvy communicator with a customer-centered approach, you will be responsible for “championing” our work and you will become the face of Door of Hope with in-kind donors and volunteers. The candidate should be a relational, ministry-minded person with a heart for seeing lives changed—the lives of our families experiencing homelessness, but also the lives of those who give of their time and resources to them.
- 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday; 9:30am - 6pm
- Some weekends, evenings and overtime, especially during the holidays, as needed
Coordinate all volunteer projects:
- Act as primary point of contact for volunteers and in-kind donors
- Act as liaison between programs/facility staff and volunteers
- Manage all logistical and administrative details of volunteer projects; manage email inboxes daily, answer phone inquiries and execute requests
- Create and provide content 1- 2x/week to Marketing Associate to recognize volunteers and in-kind donors
- Recruit and maintain an alumni volunteer network for Door of Hope that includes individuals willing to share their stories, write letters/notes to special donor events, etc.
Cultivating volunteers as donors:
- Maintain Salesforce records for volunteers which includes entering volunteer hours, maintaining up to date lists or potential volunteers, creating and maintaining schedules for ongoing volunteers such as meal donors
- Consistently and promptly provide in-kind donation receipts and thank you letters
- Keep volunteers engaged through other cultivation events and contacts
- Cultivate new, strategic volunteer opportunities with community groups that have giving potential
- Champion crowdfunding and assist with digital fundraising efforts across multiple platforms
General Development Team duties:
- Assist with PR & Marketing efforts as needed
- Assist with donor and cultivation events as needed
- Represent Door of Hope at community events as needed
Perform any other task necessary to support the mission of Door of Hope
- 2-3 years of experience working with volunteers and supporting a development team, preferred
- Experience in a donor support role that includes direct donor contact (phone, email, in person)
- Exceptionally well-organized and detail-oriented
- “Can Do” attitude with a desire and willingness to learn new skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, able to think on feet, creative, able to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Computer Skills: fluency in GSuite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc), MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with Salesforce or donor databases is a plus
Character (Do you embody Door of Hope’s four core values?)
- Christ-centered, expressed through:
- Faith: We have an active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling: Out of a sense of calling, we go above and beyond to meet our mission.
- Character: We demonstrate the character of Christ toward colleagues and families.
- Empowering, expressed through:
- Trust: We trust one another, believe in one another, and give each other the freedom to take risks. (Mistakes are learning opportunities.)
- Accountability: We nurture God-given strengths through coaching and accountability.
- Holistic, expressed through:
- Whole Person: Our emotional, spiritual and personal well-being matter to one another.
- Whole Organization: We are on one team with one mission. (We don’t do silos.)
- Relationship, expressed through:
- Family: We love, celebrate, and pray with one another.
- Reconciliation: We manage conflict, practice vulnerability, and pursue diversity with honesty and grace.