The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation (LADF), established in 1995 and significantly reimagined in 2012, is a leading model for philanthropy and community engagement. With the goal of reaching all of Los Angeles and to be a model for sports teams worldwide, LADF is bigger than baseball. Focusing on education, health care, homelessness, and youth development, LADF has ambitions to be the city’s premier charity. LADF has invested more than $35 million in programs and grants to nonprofits, and fundraising has increased by 1,000% since 2012. LADF was awarded ESPN’s Sports Humanitarian Team of the Year (2020), Beyond Sport’s Sport for Reduced Racial Inequalities Collective Impact Award (2020), and the Aspen Institute Project Play Champion (2020), and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Sports Award (2021).
LADF is in the midst of an exciting period of growth and seeks an Administrative/Executive Assistant to manage office operations and logistics, in addition to serving as an Executive Assistant to the C-level leaders on the team (Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Program Officer). This role requires experience in an administrative support and executive support capacity so help a small and nimble team operate with efficiency. The Administrative/Executive Assistant must be a detail-oriented self-starter who seeks solutions and is adept at creating and implementing systems to support a fast-paced and growing team.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (plus close working relationship with the CEO)
Provide Executive Assistant support primarily for the CEO, and also for the COO and CPO as needed. This will include scheduling, communications, Board meeting prep, Board and other executive guest hosting responsibilities, and other essential administrative duties to ensure that LADF’s C-level professionals are available to focus on non-administrative aspects of their jobs. The Executive Assistant component of the job will be approximately 40% of the role.
- General administrative, logistical and operational support to ensure that the organization runs smoothly and efficiently. This will be approximately 60% of the role and includes:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for LADF for external inquiries, including the [email protected] and phone line.
- Fulfill administrative tasks such as ticket and parking requests, travel arrangements, and any requests from the LAD organization that are outside the scope of marketing and PR.
- Serve as the liaison for in-stadium events and for stadium operations, (e.g. security, catering, housekeeping, stadium logistics, IT, parking, etc.) for LADF staff meetings, events and activities.
- Serve as the primary resource for internal purchasing and managing internal storage/receiving/inventory, including the management and tracking of in-kind support requests across the organization.
- Support internal meeting scheduling and maintain the LADF organizational calendar by working closely with team members in Programs and Development.
- Manage mail and messenger services, as well as DocuSign administration.
- Support internal accounting function, including check requests, deposits, and requests for the annual tax and audit process.
- Support internal HR and hiring processes, including listing jobs, processing inbound candidates, scheduling interviews, and facilitating the paperwork associated with onboarding new employees.
- Utilize systems to support administrative functions, as needed (e.g. Salesforce)
Qualifications and Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative or executive support role, especially in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to track several projects and processes simultaneously.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication styles.
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to “manage up” to other members of the LADF team to help keep the entire organization organized and on-task.
- Orientation to solutions and positive problem-solving, with the ability to work both with supervision and independently.
- It is LADF’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Our core values are the fundamental beliefs upon which our foundation and its people operate.
We look for hardworking team members who share our passion.
- Opportunity – We know that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not.
- Access – No recreational, education or health resource should be out of reach for any child.
- Equity – We aim to level the playing field and make sure that every kid has a fair shot.
- Collaboration – We believe that working well with others is the secret sauce to success.
- Impact – The work we do must create meaningful progress that is measurable. We want to support proven programs.
- Excellence – We hold ourselves to the highest standards across all of our work, striving for quality and credibility.