The following provides a general description of duties and a more specific description of requirements for the Youth/Health Educator SUD Level I. Please note that the summary of responsibilities and required abilities identified below are not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
The Youth/Health Educator SUD Level I, will be responsible for services delivered at one of the 50 Student Wellbeing Centers at school district sites throughout LAC.
The duties of the Youth/Health Educator SUD, Level I include, but are not limited to:
- Implement a comprehensive health-focused curriculum at assigned high school to support the well-being of students and provide education to minimize adverse health outcomes, including SUD;
- Develop and sustain a student-led peer youth/health educator training (e.g., SUD, tobacco, sexual health, emotional health) and wellness activities (e.g., classroom educational seminars, school wide wellness activities, resource distribution, school fairs) program to be conducted on campus by students for students;
- Assist with collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on delivered services; and
- Other duties as assigned; may be temporarily reassigned to COVID-19 assignments as needed.
- Master’s Degree from a program of study accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health with specialization in Public Health Education, Community Health Education, or equivalent;
- Computer literate and skilled in the use of MS Windows-based Programs, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Experience implementing and conducting evidence-based behavioral health programs.