Position title: Senior Events Contractor FLSA status: Independent Contractor / 1099 Department: Events
Organization liaison: President and CEO Project term: 3 months, 15 hours per week Budgeted project rate: $52.00 per hour
The Senior Events Contractor manages the strategic elements of Paciﬁc Council events, including, but not limited to virtual, hybrid, and in-person event planning and oversight, partner management and stewardship, internal stakeholder management, and future event mapping. The Senior Events Contractor brings event planning expertise, international aﬀairs ﬁeld knowledge, and community presence to the role.
CONTRACTOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- With support from the Events Assistant, produces 4-6 events in 3 month period
- Ensures that events meet ﬁnancial, member engagement, and strategy alignment goals
- In collaboration with President and CEO, generates forward looking events plan that incorporates Paciﬁc Council strategy and member needs and capitalizes on existing partnerships for remainder of FY22
- Identiﬁes and pursues 3-5 new event partnership leads
- Makes recommendations on and implements return to in-person activity informed by local COVID-19 regulations and industry best practices
- Manages existing partnerships with Global Aﬀairs (San Francisco) and Zocalo
- Eﬀectively engages President and CEO in event planning process
- Secures organization-wide buy-in for events plan
- Leverages personal network for event speaker invitations
- Oversee the work of the events assistant (contractor)
CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Experience: 5 years; combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Event management, Nonproﬁt management
- Availability during business hours on Paciﬁc Time
- Ability to participate in in-person events as needed
PREFERRED CONTRACTOR QUALITIES
- Experience working in government or other international aﬀairs setting
- Deep understanding of Paciﬁc Council
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience in and capacity to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Proﬁciency with Salesforce, Microsoft Oﬃce, Google Drive programs, and Zoom
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While no one person will embody all the qualities enumerated above, the ideal candidate will possess many of those professional abilities, attributes, and experiences.
In all our practices, the Paciﬁc Council has stated an intention or policy (paciﬁccouncil.org/inclusivity) of seeking out and including people who might otherwise be excluded or non-traditional. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
ADDITIONAL CONTRACT DETAILS
- This contract term is set for 3 months at a rate of $52/hour and 15 hours of work per week, with the possibility of renewal.
- Contractor must abide by Client’s COVID-19 protocols as enumerated below at all times when working in-person on-site at the Council oﬃce or on-site at any Council-sanctioned engagement.
- This is a 1099 independent contractor arrangement.