The Foundation for California Community Colleges (Foundation) is on a mission to double its impact by 2028. We are a group of passionate, equity-minded individuals who work collaboratively with public and private partners to help impact and change lives for the better through education. We are seeking a Senior Content Specialist to join the Foundation in its mission of benefitting, supporting, and enhancing the California Community Colleges—the largest and most diverse system of higher education in the nation.
What You’ll Do
The Manager, Project Services is responsible for the product and project management activities needed to implement complex products, projects, and initiatives. The Manager, Project Services will lead the development and application of best practices, common resources, and training support for project and product management staff. As a working manager, the ideal candidate will drive project and product success for a wide range of projects in support of Foundation internal programs, Collaborative Impact Partners, and the (California Community Colleges) CCC Chancellor’s Office.
- Lead client management and retention activities for clients and partners, building lasting and collaborative working relationships.
- Steward client projects through to successful completion; always keeping product owners and client needs as a focal point for success.
- Design, measure, assess, and report key performance metrics to inform data-driven decisions and continuous improvement, with a focus on achieving Technology department annual strategic plan.
- Lead iteration of agile best practices and procedures for Foundation Technology team.
- Ensure adoption and implementation of standardized project and product management methodologies.
- Cultivate and uphold a culture of Shared Leadership and promote organizational values.
- Initiate ideas to promote Foundation programs and websites through critical thinking and group brainstorming.
- Serve as the primary administrator responsible for project management tools and other collaboration software.
- Ensures that the quality expectations of Clients and Stakeholders are met by reviewing, contributing to, and supporting team members and subcontractors in the preparation of major project deliverables.
- Collaborate with Technology and Communications staff and partners to ensure web projects align with brand strategy and organization standards.
- May manage and supervise other staff, as assigned.
- Responsible for the training, development, work assignments, and performance evaluations.
- Expected to act as a role model and mentor to staff.
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- Knowledge of Agile project management methodologies and techniques (Scrum, Kanban, etc.), as well as others disciplines of project management
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects with limited supervision, drafting scopes of work, executing contracts, and managing budgets to insure project or program success
- Demonstrated experience in translating business requirements and vision into a product or service that meets client goals and objectives
- Ability to establish goals and develop project plans with identifiable outcomes, measures, and implementation timelines to achieve strategic objectives
- Skilled at prioritizing across competing projects to achieve project goals and milestones
- Strong test criteria documentation skills, as well as an ability to perform testing throughout the development and release
- Strong relationship management and mentoring skills
- A self-starter and quick learner with a bias for action who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution
- A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges
- Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision
- A sense of urgency and ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College and the Foundation’s mission to provide students with stronger pathways to education, and passion for building a more just and equitable California overall.
What We Offer
We are proud of the role we play in advancing the missions of the California Community Colleges. At the Foundation, the work of each team member holds great weight and responsibility and provides opportunity for individuals to help Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families. We aim to foster a collaborative environment where staff can ideate new approaches, replicate promising practices, and bring to scale proven and sustainable methods that are responsive to the needs of our students, our system, and our state.
Our benefits include the CalPERS defined benefit retirement plan, generous medical, dental, and vision, tuition reimbursement, and more. We take a strategic and comprehensive approach to investing in our people, fostering an environment for employee growth, and providing opportunities for continued learning, professional development, and advancement.