Communities In Schools of Los Angeles (CISLA) seeks a self-motivated, creative team player with 3+ years of experience in volunteer management and/or engaging corporate partners and their employees in volunteer events and activities. The Volunteer and Corporate Engagement Manager will create and provide opportunities for volunteers (individuals and corporate employees) to engage with CISLA students and families in meaningful, transformational ways that may lead to further partnerships, individual and corporate donations, in-kind donations and other prospects for CISLA students and alumni.
The Volunteer and Corporate Engagement Manager reports directly to the Chief Development Director (CDD) and works closely with other members of the Development Department and with Program leadership and staff.
Chief Development Director
Volunteer and Corporate Engagement
- Collaborate with school site staff to create and implement impactful small group, whole-school, and cross-site events (e.g., career fairs & symposiums, guest speaker opportunities, career exposure opportunities, corporate-related field trips, etc.).
- Work with corporate partners to develop high-quality, unique and engaging corporate volunteer opportunities for their employees.
- Develop a menu of volunteer program opportunities by categories or area of focus that program staff and potential volunteers can refer to.
- Maintain a calendar of all corporate and volunteer events and activities at each school site.
- In collaboration with the Alumni Program Manager, seek and identify corporate-related opportunities for current CISLA students and alumni (i.e., internships, mentorships, fellowships, apprenticeships).
- Work with CISLA’s Development team and Board of Directors, nonprofit partners and other stakeholders to conduct outreach, recruit and engage new corporate partners and volunteers.
- Manage corporate relationships and maintain up-to-date contact information and communication utilizing the Network for Good CRM.
- Cultivate volunteers and corporate partners to garner individual and corporate donations, in-kind donations and other opportunities for CISLA students and alumni.
- Collaborate closely with Human Resources to process, onboard and train volunteers.
- Conduct volunteer and student participant surveys to identify gaps in service and make program improvements, including improvements to the volunteer and student experience.
Data Management, Reporting and Evaluation
- Create and maintain a database of volunteers, track hours volunteered and activities they participated in using the organization’s CRM and other tools.
- Develop annual program goals, objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Work with the CISLA Data Team to track volunteer engagement, assess the program’s effectiveness, and adjust as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in volunteer management and/or engaging corporate partners and their employees in volunteer events and activities.
- Experience working directly with K-12 students and/or developing, coordinating and implementing programming for children and young adults is highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Independent, self-motivated, highly adaptable, and goal oriented.
- Attention to detail and outstanding organization skills.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Experience using web-based databases and creating spreadsheets to manage volunteers and corporate partner activities.
- Excellent knowledge of research techniques, including utilizing web-based resources.
- Possess a heightened, in-depth understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion principles.
- Familiarity with the Los Angeles nonprofit and corporate landscape.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Must have a reliable automobile for use on the job (mileage to be reimbursed). Valid California Driver’s License. State-required automobile insurance coverage.
- TB clearance, to be renewed every two years.
- Criminal background check required.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required (digital record).
- To perform this job, you must be able to carry out all essential functions successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Adjusting or moving objects up to 25 pounds. Must have the ability to communicate with others to exchange information.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Generous benefits package including PTO/vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, and cell phone reimbursement.
- Paid National holidays, offices closed between Christmas and New Year’s
CISLA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.