Los Angeles Education Partnership (LAEP) is a nonprofit organization that advances educational equity. Together with families, schools, and the community we facilitate access to and opportunities for quality educational and wellness practices so children thrive from diapers to diplomas. Founded in 1984, LAEP was the first educational-transformation organization in Los Angeles and among those at the forefront of the movement nationwide.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
LAEP is currently seeking a EHS Center-Based Education Supervisor. The position will assist EHS Director in the coordination, implementation and development of HS program daily activities, program goals and procedures aimed to achieve maximum program participation, effectiveness and efficiency for children, families and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to information and records concerning children, families.
- Ensures all agency safety program efforts are enforced, and compliance of overall operations of program procedures and services of center.
- Keeps appropriate data and files on families, outreach conducted and assist in program evaluation.
- Conducts outreach visits to agencies and other community places with the purpose of recruiting families into the EHS wait list.
- Keep track of any purchasing, tracking and distribution of classroom supplies.
- Keep track and monitor budget for classroom, janitorial supplies, and food program,
- Complete and submit accurate and timely reports as assigned.
- Supervise and evaluates the performance of center site teachers, and provides orientation for new staff members.
- Serves as liaison between the centers(s) and program administration.
- Participates fully and works cooperatively as a team member; addresses complaints and works to resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Generates, collects and/or maintains current, accurate, organized, written and electronic records and reports as required.
- Collects and submits accurate and timely reports, and assist in program evaluation as required by Head Start.
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and other department and staff programs.
- Provide individualized professional development and training as needed.
- Assist in developing and conducting trainings for the Center Based Teachers.
- Participate in Policy Council and Parent Committee meetings, as needed.
- Full-time Flexible hours (some evenings and Saturdays will be required).
- Prepare an ongoing assessment of equipment and materials for Center Based Teachers.
- Participate in reflective supervision meetings with Director, and provide reflective Supervisor for Center Based staff.
- Attend EHS meetings and relevant trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Absolute Must-Haves (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Early Childhood Education (Master in Early Childhood Education preferred).
- Site Supervisor permit and experienced in similar program highly preferred.
- Good computer skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and Strong communication and organizational skills and interpersonal. Head Start knowledge preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- COVID-19 Vaccination per federal funding requirements
Licensing and Certifications:
- Daily driving could be required, must provide own vehicle, valid Driver's License and proof of full vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk;sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Benefits and Wages:
- Competitive Salary Depending on Experience (DOE)
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Retirement plan (employer contribution after a year of working for LAEP)
- Paid Time Off and 7 Paid Holidays plus the week of Christmas and New Year's (generally Christmas Day and New Year Day plus approximately eight workdays)
- Training and growth opportunities
Los Angeles Education Partnership (LAEP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.