My Life Foundation is an organization committed to providing innovative services for people with disabilities. Their mission is to empower individuals by first focusing on all aspects of what make one human, rather than one’s disability level. Partnering with clients and their families, My Life Foundation creates individualized program plans that help address client’s needs and goals for one year. Central to everything is a commitment to understanding the perspective of those they serve and a belief that their clients have a valid and valuable perspective of life.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Operator and “dotted line" reporting to the VP of Operations, the Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for managing the accounts payable function as well as providing financial and administrative support for all departments. This role requires regular collaboration with outside accountants, who assist with the management of daily accounting and periodic reporting, and occasional interaction with My Life Foundation clients. In addition to a strong financial understanding, the ideal candidate will be a patient communicator, customer service focused, and have an eye for detail.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a non-exempt full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package (i.e. healthcare, dental, vision, and retirement). This position is remote flexible with occasional – on average once a week – full days in the office located in Westchester (near LAX).
My Life Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, political affiliation, or citizenship. All qualified applicants, including BIPOC and women, are encouraged to apply.
Envision Consulting was retained by My Life Foundation in their search for an Accounts Payable Specialist.
Apply for this position here: https://www.envisionnonprofit.com/we-re-recruiting/my-life-foundation---accounts-payable-specialist/?id=3507390
1. How did you learn about this position?
2. Do you have at least 3 years of experience working in accounts payable? (Y/N)
3. Do you have experience working in the nonprofit field? (Y/N)
4. Describe your background and experience managing accounts payable for an organization.
5. Describe a time when you improved a workflow process in your accounting work.
6. Describe a time you have given excellent customer service in your role as an Accounting professional.
7. Why do you want to be the next Accounts Payable Specialist at My Life Foundation?
8. What is your preferred salary range?