Safe Parking LA, a non-profit homeless services organization is looking for a full time Community Engagement Specialist. The Community Engagement Specialist is a highly motivated and dynamic individual who will be responsible for managing, developing, and implementing the community outreach for Safe Parking LA to be able to educate communities on issues surrounding vehicular homelessness and garner community activism and volunteerism. This individual will build relationships with stakeholders and develop programs and overall initiatives to promote and enhance community involvement.
RESPONSIBILITITES include the following:
- Plan, develop, and execute community outreach events that build relationships with community stakeholders, non-profit organizations, and community members in Los Angeles County.
- Manage community engagement educational programs surrounding homelessness to facilitate educational events using tactics that include:
- Education through email and virtual outreach and social media
- In-person education through meetings and conferences in person and virtually
- Coordinating community meetings/dinners in person or virtual
- Coordinating community volunteerism and donation opportunities like food, clothing, and hygiene kit drives
- Supervise volunteer as needed.
- Assist in communications strategy to drive community involvement and awareness, including social media
- One (1) or more years of experience working in community outreach and/or government relation preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with a strong orientation towards relationships building and serving others
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
- A valid California driver’s license, auto insurance (as required by law), access to reliable and timely transportation to program sites and off-site meetings
- Background check (Live Scan) as necessary and required by funders or regulatory agency
- Spanish speaking highly desirable
Salary Range: $20.00 hourly – Fulltime Position with benefits