Position: Campus Monitor
Summary The goal of the Campus Monitor is to provide a security presence dedicated to providing a safe and secure campus environment for faculty, staff, students and guests. Campus Monitors are responsible for identifying potential problems regarding the safety and security of the community. Campus Monitors will also maintain campus safety compliance by enforcing policies and by communicating information and responding to inquiries.
Campus Monitors report to the Director of Security and Transportation and work closely with the Campus Monitor Lead and the Facilities team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor all arrivals and departures to/from campus.
- Monitor student and parent carpools.
- Monitor the arrival and staging of all student transportation vehicles.
- Manage traffic flow through campus.
- Monitor student walkers and across-the-street privileges.
- Perform opening and closing procedures in accordance with established protocols
- Perform Crossing Guard duties.
- Patrol the campus regularly to maintain order and establish presence.
- Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing situations.
- Investigate security incidents and report to the Director of Security and Transportation.
- Prepare detailed written reports when necessary.
- May be called upon to work overtime with/without notice to address emergency situations.
- Participate in emergency drills and/or real time incidents.
- Other duties as assigned on days when there are no students on campus including during summer break and other school breaks as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills, friendly but firm; capable of maintaining strong relationships.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with team members.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time walking/standing.
- Able to comply with physical requirements; full range of motion with both hands and arms, ability to climb stairs, ability to lift 25 lbs or less.
- Ability to withstand weather conditions such as rain, sun, heat, cold, and wind as the majority of time for this position is stationed outdoors.
- Possess basic computer skills; ability to email, use site iPhone functions, monitor electronic logs.
- Strong, professional customer service skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills,
- Available to work a flexible work schedule to include day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Valid California issued ID
- Upon offer of employment, must successfully pass a background check.
Required Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years customer service
- Demonstrated experience in law enforcement/security preferred but not required
- Current CPR and First Aid certified ideal but not required
The Archer School for Girls is an independent school dedicated to supporting and challenging young women while helping them discover their passions and realize their true potential. To learn more about the School, visit www.archer.org.