Facing History and Ourselves seeks an energetic and detail-oriented Development Assistant, who will help to support fundraising strategies in the Los Angeles region that will significantly expand the revenue base of the organization. The Development Assistant provides effective administrative and operational infrastructure support for the Los Angeles Development Team, including the Executive Director. The Assistant will work closely with the Development Team to provide logistical and communications support for fundraising, Advisory Board, and outreach efforts. The Development Assistant will be responsible for coordination and execution of operational and administrative tasks, and will be responsible for data integrity in Salesforce, including data entry and maintenance, and donor pipeline report generation. This individual will act as a key member of the Development team, preparing for weekly meetings, generating financial and pipeline reports and generally keeping the team communication strong and consistent.
Facing History in Los Angeles is in our 27th year and has grown our fundraising efforts significantly in recent years. The Development Assistant will play a key role in supporting our continued growth in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles Development Efforts
- Support the Executive Director’s and Director of Development’s work with effective and timely communication regarding scheduling and schedule changes, meeting planning, logging donor interactions into Salesforce, prioritizing tasks, etc.
- Support the Los Angeles Development Team and volunteer leadership in scheduling, and preparing for donor meetings and other related donor contacts/events. Assist in logging donor meetings notes in Salesforce and help keep track of next steps by pulling relevant reports
- Ensure Salesforce records are up to date and accurate. Run, maintain and distribute weekly reports for the Los Angeles team or upon request
- Manage expense reports (including organizing receipts from Facing History Credit Cards), organize acknowledgment letters, send out tax receipts and other development mailings and manage digital files per office protocol
- Become familiar with fundraising priorities and SMART goals from Los Angeles Development Plan, assist in pulling updates on goals progress under the direction of the development team
- Support Los Angeles Development Team and organizational Special Events Team to ensure successful planning and execution of fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events and all related activities. Responsibilities include: supporting the invitation process and post-event thank you coordination, tracking registrations and gifts, running and circulating reports, physical event set up, guest greeting, vendor management, and providing technical support for virtual events (note: at this time, Facing History events are all virtual)
- Ensure that all event information is accurately updated and tracked on the organizational calendar, the events database and in Salesforce
- Assist in weekly fundraising and registration progress reports to hosts and necessary staff
- Manage registration process for annual regional benefit and other events
- Help track necessary follow up by Staff, Benefit Chairs and Los Angeles Advisory Board members
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, training and management for annual regional benefit
Los Angeles Advisory Board
- Provide support to the Development team for the LA Advisory Board and its subcommittees. Responsibilities include: organizing logistics for Advisory Board meetings (food preparations, room + AV setup,) providing technical support, tracking attendance and taking detailed notes, updating Salesforce as needed and completing other tasks as requested (note: at this time, all Board related meetings are virtual.)
Essential Skills / Qualities:
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- 1-2 years of work experience in administrative style support/non-profit/event settings preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail are a must
- Interest in, and ability to articulate, the mission of Facing History and Ourselves
- Familiarity and comfort with database management; Salesforce knowledge preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite; Experience with Zoom and Zoom Webinar preferred
- Creative energy, self-starting, and the ability to organize and manage multiple assignments in a busy non-profit setting
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team; flexibility; comfort and ability to work in remote environment
- Familiarity with education/non-profit settings preferred
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. To read our full statement on diversity, please follow this link from our careers page. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.