At Summit Impact, we’re on a mission to drive social good through collective learning and collaborative action.
We gather business leaders, academic experts, and creative storytellers to support exceptional change leaders. Together, we collaborate on the most pressing challenges facing humanity.
We believe this work can only be done through effective collaboration that centers on grassroots leaders. By activating our network and building ecosystems of innovation around impact- leaders, we can reshape how social impact succeeds at scale.
Our small team is growing. We believe that people come first, culture is critical, and the first priority is always the team. We value small bets and compassionate feedback loops, bright ideas and dependable follow-through. We pour a whole lot of heart and effort into our work, taking good care of ourselves and each other in the process.
Role: Program Manager
Overview: Summit Impact is looking for a Program Manager to grow our startup non-profit and lead our programs. You’ll work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Operations to build programs in line with the vision of Summit Impact and our larger organizational goals.
Your day to day work will include a range of creative design, community management, and keeping the engine running on our key programs.
You’ve likely had some program experience before as a program manager, program director, or head of product. You know what it’s like to join a small team and grow with the organization, and are excited about the idea of bringing new programs to life. You’re exceptional at creating thorough program plans and are energized by the rollercoaster of a startup experience. You bring a positive attitude to your work, strive for excellence, and know how to focus on what matters most.
- Program Design & Co-Creation: Work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Operations to conceptualize and co-create the operational plans for each program:
- Summit Impact Labs- Impact Labs are our foundational program to foster collaboration and support social change leaders.
- Summit Impact Community Programming
- Network Mapping Initiatives
- Project Management: Work closely with the Director of Operations to make sure we stay on track, while balancing a complex set of opportunities and deliverables.
- Become an expert on each stage of the program cycle for Impact Labs, including network curation, program planning and development, virtual and in-person event production, program measurement, evaluation, and improvement.
- Manage each program’s operational documents, including program calendars, budgets, and OKRs, and working closely with the Director of Operations.
- Support the Director of Operations in community database maintenance.
- Maintain high level project management of all fundraising activities, compliance measures, and donor reports across programs.
- Seek program-specific funding opportunities and draft grant proposals.
- Community Weaving: Activate our extended Summit Impact community of 15,000+ people on behalf of our grassroots leaders.
- Summit Fellows are the heartbeat of Summit Impact and our foundational program, Impact Labs. Work closely with the Fellows to ensure they are supported by and connected to the community in order to scale their ventures.
- Nurture the network– develop creative ways to make relationship building and collaboration easy to navigate for the Summit Impact community.
- Foster community amongst and between Impact Labs– see the through lines between people, topics, and programs.
- Provide ongoing, thoughtful, strategic introductions to all community members.
- Program Curation, Development, and Production: Manage the design, curation, development, and production for virtual and in-person events and curricula:
- Build and coordinate ongoing programs across all Impact Labs including design sprints, town halls, and virtual social gatherings.
- Lead event design and production for in-person gatherings.
- Design and produce quarterly programming for the Summit Impact Community as well as specialized opportunities such as our Ethical Leadership Course.
- Support the alumni-specific programming for our 100+ alumni
- Program Communications:
- Work with the Director of Operations to create an effective communications calendar for each program.
- Draft clear and timely communications for program stakeholders including program-specific announcements and event invitations.
- Manage the community and contact database to ensure the highest degree of usability across programs.
Qualities We Look For in a Team Member
- Enthusiasm for Social Entrepreneurship: You recognize the challenges we face collectively and have an optimistic approach, grounded in the power of community. You are energized by supporting social change leaders and want to be the waterway for exceptional leaders to reach new resources that create and sustain exponential impact.
- A growth mindset: You are always looking to learn and grow, and enjoy environments that encourage your personal and professional development. You have a keen ability to incorporate feedback into action. You are able to see the potential for growth in those around you - you know how to show up for teammates with constructive support.
- Strong project management skills: You have an eye for detail and have demonstrated the ability to convert ideas into strategy, and strategy into operations with excellent execution.
- High capacity for uncertainty: You have a lean startup mindset with interest in experimentation and creative problem solving. You know how to help an organization focus effectively while charting a path ahead for new projects.
- A no job too big, no job too small attitude: You are just as comfortable with stretching toward a new learning goal as tagging in to support a shared administrative project that is critical to the team.
- 3-5 years of experience in a programmatic role, ideally in a social impact organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Technological acumen, familiarity with Google Suite and Airtable. Familiarity with Canva, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) a plus.
- Experience with CRM databases and email marketing platforms including Airtable and Affinity; familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Financial literacy with regard to non-profit budgets.
- Experience leading teams and managing direct reports.
Compensation & Benefits
- Make a significant impact on an early-stage team. Support exceptional social change leaders and play a leading role in building foundations for Summit Impact programs.
- Engage with the Summit community, a vast network of leaders across industries.
- Competitive health benefits package with a range of selection and 80% coverage.
- Compensation: salary range of $75,000 - $80,000. Pending experience, open for discussion.
- Option to work remotely the majority of time, flexible work culture.