At Summit Impact, we’re on a mission to drive social good through collective learning and collaborative action.
We gather business leaders, academic experts, and creative storytellers to support exceptional change leaders. Together, we collaborate on the most pressing challenges facing humanity.
We believe this work can only be done through effective collaboration that centers grassroots leaders. By activating our network and building ecosystems of innovation around impact-leaders, we can reshape how social impact succeeds at scale.
Our team is small and growing. We believe that people come first, culture is critical, and the first priority is always the team. We value small bets and compassionate feedback loops, bright ideas and dependable follow-through. We pour a whole lot of heart and effort into our work, taking good care of ourselves and each other in the process.
Role: Director of Operations
Overview: Summit Impact is looking for a Director of Operations to grow our startup non-profit and establish sustainable operations and programs. You’ll work closely with the Executive Director and run the ship when it comes to executing on the vision for the organization. This is not your first rodeo - you’ve likely been an operations manager or director, head of product, or chief of staff before. You know what it’s like to join a small team and grow with the organization, and are perfectly comfortable wearing many hats across program operations, marketing, tech, finance, and HR. You’re exceptional at creating thorough structures and plans, and even better at execution. You bring a positive attitude to your work, strive for excellence, and know how to focus on what matters most.
- Become our team’s organizational mastermind. Keep the team focused on top priorities. Make sure we stay on track with what matters most while balancing a complex set of opportunities, challenges, and conversations.
- Manage organization’s calendar and quarterly OKRs, working closely with the Executive Director and other team members.
- Be the operational backbone of our programs. Drive backend operations and systems for Summit Impact programs.
- Become an expert and contribute to each stage of the program cycle (network curation, program planning and development, community database maintenance, virtual and in-person event production, program measurement and evaluation).
- Build the foundations to grow. Work with the Executive Director to set up HR and design creative ways for the organization to grow in the years ahead.
- Develop HR practices and policies and ensure the organization is legally compliant.
- Lead hiring process for subsequent hires in Q4 of 2021 and in 2022.
- Keep the organization running with a close eye on finances. Manage accounting and finance operations, and support fundraising strategy, working closely with the Executive Director.
- Oversee management of program and operations budgets and alignment with overall financial health of the organization.
- Work with the Executive Director and senior advisors to create an expanded fundraising and development strategy.
- Maintain high level project management of all fundraising activities, compliance measures, and donor reports.
- Optimize our tech, make us superhuman.
- Optimize use of subscription services including G-suite, Airtable, etc.
- Manage the community/contact database to ensure the highest degree of usability.
- Oversee large-scale tech projects including an upcoming website redesign and an exciting network-mapping project.
- Expand our community through high touch marketing and communications.
- Advise on communication strategies, marketing campaigns, and branding to increase awareness and engagement with our community members and supporters.
- 5+ years of experience in an operations role, ideally in a non-profit or social impact organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Technological acumen, familiarity with Google Suite and Quickbooks. Familiarity with Canva, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) a plus.
- Experience with CRM databases and email marketing platforms including Airtable and MailChimp; familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Financial literacy with regard to non-profit documents including Statements of Cash Flows, Activities, and Functional Expenses.
- Experience leading teams and managing direct reports.
Qualities we look for in a team member
- A growth mindset: You are always looking to learn and grow, and enjoy environments that encourage your personal and professional development. You have a keen ability to incorporate feedback into action. You are able to see the potential for growth in those around you - you know how to show up for teammates with constructive support.
- Strong project management skills: You have an eye for detail and have demonstrated the ability to convert ideas into strategy, and strategy into operations with excellent execution.
- High capacity for uncertainty: You have a lean startup mindset with interest in experimentation and creative problem solving. You know how to help an organization focus effectively while charting a path ahead for new projects.
- A no job too big, no job too small attitude: You are just as comfortable with stretching toward a new learning goal as tagging in to support a shared administrative project that is critical to the team.
Compensation & Benefits
- Make a significant impact on an early-stage team. Support exceptional social change leaders and play a leading role in building foundations for Summit Impact programs.
- Engage with the Summit community, a vast network of creative leaders across industries.
- Competitive health benefits package with a range of selection from Aetna and 80% coverage. Dental and vision coverage.
- Compensation - starting salary of $95,000. Pending experience, open for discussion.
- Option to work remotely for a company with a flexible work culture.