Chrysalis is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a pathway to self-sufficiency for individuals experiencing homelessness or financial barriers by providing the resources and support needed to find and retain employment. Their philosophy is that a steady job is a key step in a person’s transition out of poverty and onto a pathway to self-sufficiency.
Chrysalis’ core employment services are designed to meet clients where they are and support them during every phase of their self-directed job search. Since 1984, Chrysalis has served more than 66,000 low-income and homeless individuals. Chrysalis operates its program through five locations in Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
Under the direction of the Director of Finance/Controller, the Accounting Manager will manage the full range of accounting activities including supervising and completing accounts payable, accounts receivable, accruals, reconciliations, and month-end close.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the posting and maintenance of general ledger accounts, payroll transactions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, adjusting journal entries and month-end close.
- Coordinate the Month-End Close process: ensure daily, and monthly processes are completed and lead to a timely and accurate month-end close.
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance, prepare financial reports for senior staff, Board members, and other stakeholders.
- Assist the Finance Director and senior management in the budgeting and planning process.
- Works with the Director of Finance to manage financial and accounting policies and procedures and maintain appropriate records and up-to-date documentation and compliance with GAAP.
- In partnership with the Director of Finance/Controller, ensure year-end close is completed in an accurate and timely manner; ensure supporting schedules and reconciliations are completed and available for the audit.
- Support other Finance/IT and other administrative work as necessary.
- Participate in the preparation of audit schedules and support the audit process.
- Collaborate with Strategy & External Relations, Development and Program Operations staff to develop grant and program budgets; review grant applications, with an emphasis on full cost recovery, to ensure they are compliant with guidelines and policy.
- Monitor and ensure grant deliverables are met within the deadlines set by donors and ensure timely submission of proposals and funder reports and establish and update grants management processes and controls as needed to ensure compliance with budgetary best practices and donor restrictions.
- Review/Prepare financial grant reports and review programmatic grant reports and communications with funders and stakeholders for accuracy and compliance prior to submission.
- Provide financial oversight and monitoring of revenues and expenditures related to the contracts/grants.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for Chrysalis’ mission to creating a pathway to self-sufficiency for homeless and low-income individuals by providing the resources and support needed to find and retain employment.
- Four (4) years of experience in the accounting field with a minimum of 2 years at a supervisory level.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to coach/mentor staff.
- Non-profit accounting and government grant management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with QuickBooks Enterprise accounting software highly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with an Intermediate to advanced understanding of Excel.
- Full accounting cycle experience: AP, AR, reconciliation, and month-end close.
- Knowledge of nonprofit GAAP.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, organization, and time management skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. Chrysalis offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, parking/transit accounts, and PTO. Mileage will be reimbursed for all work-related travel.
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities that Chrysalis serves.
Envision Consulting was retained by this organization in their search for an Accounting Manager.