The Achievable Foundation (Achievable) is a nonprofit Federal Qualified Community Health Center whose mission is to provide high quality, integrated care to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, their families, and other vulnerable populations.
Reporting directly to the CEO, The Development and Communications Director is responsible for overseeing Achievable’s fundraising and communications efforts, creating a culture of giving, and building relationships with individuals, community groups, corporations, and foundations in order to obtain philanthropic support and build awareness about Achievable, its mission and its services.
The ideal candidate will be creative in their approach and display a strong work ethic. They will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be sensitive to the needs of donors, board members, volunteers, and colleagues. The candidate will be a team player who inspires collaboration but is also a self-starter who can work independently. This individual will have exceptional organizational skills, pay close attention to detail, and follow-through on all projects.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates an annual development plan, which is aligned with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Identifies and implements strategies to obtain the philanthropic support needed to further Achievable’s mission.
- Creates and supports a culture of philanthropy among volunteer leaders and staff.
- Ensures annual fundraising goals are reached and surpassed through various vehicles such as major gifts, individual giving, annual appeals, planned giving, events, and foundation grants.
- Facilitates and participates in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and recognition of donors, involving volunteer leaders (such as board members and other community members) as appropriate.
- Develops and implements communications plans in order to increase Achievable’s visibility; this includes social media, digital and print marketing.
- Supervises the Development and Communications Coordinator and oversees (with the CEO) the work of the independent grant writer.
- Develops processes, systems, metrics, performance measures, and dashboards in order to evaluate and guide all development efforts.
- Participates in social and networking groups to expand prospective donor base.
- Serves as the staff liaison for Achievable’s two affinity groups.
- Develops the department’s annual budget and various event budgets
- Must demonstrate at least 5 years of successful fundraising experience.
- Must be mission oriented and be able to articulate a strong case for support.
- Knowledge of moves management, donor retention, and new donor acquisition strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Self-starter and ability to apply creative approaches to everyday problems.
- Must be able to work independently as well as work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Supervisory skills strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with donor databases in order to track donations and pull reports for mailings and analysis.
- Familiarity with online software tools such as Mailchimp, Eventbrite, etc.
- Familiarity with social media platforms.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Master’s degree a plus.
- CFRE or similar fundraising certification a plus.
Achievable Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pathways LA does not discriminate against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, political affiliation or citizenship. All qualified applicants, including minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Achievable Foundation offers a generous benefits package including vacation and sick time, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, 403B retirement contributions, and life insurance.
This position can be worked a hybrid of remote and in office.