The Digital Content Specialist will join a small team of passionate changemakers with deep experience designing and building coalitions that create positive social impact in the worlds of civic engagement, public health, and education. We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate experience using digital tools and tactics to advance issue advocacy campaigns. Primary responsibilities include research, writing, content creation, digital analytics reporting, and social media management.
As Digital Content Specialist, you will be integrated seamlessly into our team, working closely with your colleagues in every stage of our work, from client proposal to launch, and the day-to-day maintenance and iteration phases. All Meteorite team members are expected to contribute to our strategic planning, offer new ideas, take ownership of assigned projects, and manage tight deadlines.
You will be charged with reviewing and managing the company-wide digital strategy, tools, resources, and processes, and make recommendations for improvements. Meanwhile, you will also be designing and implementing web and social media strategies on behalf of Meteorite and our various clients. You will consistently update digital media, including websites, email marketing, social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, et al.), and producing branded multimedia assets. More than a content creator and broadcaster, we are looking for someone to lead us into a community manager role, in which we engage followers and facilitate conversations. The ideal candidate will be able to draft content that inspires action on behalf of our audience. You will also need to anticipate client needs, as well as internal team needs and assignments, on a daily basis.
Web Strategy & Development (40%)
- Work closely with the team to devise a web content strategy that aligns with each campaign’s goals, in addition to the company’s overall goals
- Work with staff and clients to incorporate needs into digital assets
- Develop, maintain, and update the Meteorite and our client’s websites, campaign microsites, including production of web content using Webflow. The sites should appeal to targeted audiences, increase campaign awareness and generate inbound traffic.
- Write, edit, and proofread content that is entertaining, informative, and search engine optimized
- Develop tactical strategies to leverage and enhance platform functionality
- Conduct site optimization according to SEO and metadata, and make necessary updates to UX and content
- Create and maintain a content marketing calendar
- Produce, or work with a graphic designer to produce, digital graphics for website, social media channels, emails and e-newsletters
Social Media Strategy and Development (40%)
- Understand campaign objectives and strategy to develop a social media strategy for Meteorite and our clients
- Create and manage editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action, engage and/or contribute to our campaigns
- Scan news, policy and research environment for content relevant to our work for use in social media posts
- Ensure consistency of voice for specific campaigns across all social media platforms
- Set up and optimize social pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content, and any calls to action (e.g. event registration, resource download, etc.)
- Draft and enforce a social moderation policy.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Develop campaign-related social media content for use by coalition partners
- Support staff and clients in understanding and engagement in social media
Email Campaign Support (10%)
- Work closely with teammates to write, deploy, and track email campaign content using Mailchimp
- Optimize email engagement through strategic testing and analysis
- Use Asana to design email campaign automation process
- Utilize expertise with Web and social media analytics tools and analysis to develop monthly reports that identify trends, measure the effectiveness of our content strategy, provide insight, and make strategic recommendations for actionable findings and improvements
- Develop an analytic dashboard to track progress of web-related and social media efforts.
The strongest candidate will demonstrate an aptitude for strategic thinking, messaging, execution, and client relations. They will be creative, innovative, entrepreneurial, proactive, and collaborative.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Views work product through a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion, challenging yourself, your teammates, and the entire firm to be antiracist.
- Ability to draft and implement branding, messaging, and communications plans to achieve clients’ goals for diverse and targeted audiences.
- Assists in the development of campaign plans for awareness, persuasion, community building, and mobilization.
- Leads on digital campaign implementation including content creation, social media, and email marketing, digital advertising, etc.
- Develops digital media plans with measurable targets and budgets, and provides necessary content, strategy, and other support needed to launch, optimize and report on campaigns
- Communicates regularly with colleagues and clients on status, timeline, budget, deliverables, campaign performance.
- Manages third-party vendors including website development, graphic designers, advertisers, video production teams.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage project workflow, juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment--Experience working for a fast-paced organization, firm/agency, or in an electoral campaign, a plus.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution-oriented
- Ability to work individually and proactively, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- Passion for Meteorite’s mission
Job experience requirements
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the following areas:
- Experience managing and optimizing a website using Webflow
- Ability to write about nuanced and sometimes complicated information in easy-to-understand language that inspires action; copy-editing experience a plus
- Experience publishing, tracking, and campaigning using social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Youtube, and other emerging channels
- Ability to collect and analyze metrics and analytics for campaigns using social media platforms like Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Ads, Google, and LinkedIn Ads and Google Analytics.
- Experience managing and executing ad operations on digital platforms.
- Experience using Mailchimp, including custom design of emails, A/B testing, and other ways to optimize reach and impact
- Experience with Google, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media analytics, and knowledge of how to leverage learnings
- Confident use of graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Some knowledge of basic video editing
- Previous experience working with remote collaborators on content ideation and production
Compensation & Benefits
- Meteorite is a fully remote organization, with team members in Los Angeles, Portland, Washington, DC, and New York City. Candidate must be in the U.S., legally allowed to work in the U.S. and willing to keep PST schedule as needed.
- Our clients love us because of our commitment to quality, excellence, and professionalism at every level-- from our punctual and polished appearance on Zoom, to our factual and grammatically correct content.
- We heavily leverage technologies such as Zoom, Slack, and Google Drive for team communication and collaboration.
- Salary range: $60,000-$80,000 depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits and retirement plan offered.