Meteorite builds coalitions and campaigns that drive social transformation. We align businesses, civil society and philanthropy around shared values and common purpose, and inspire unlikely partnerships that benefit people and communities.
Our clients are among the most influential and innovative philanthropic organizations and brands in the country. We amplify their work in civic engagement, public health and education, helping them achieve breakthrough results that merge purpose and profit.
Meteorite conceived of and operates two signature initiatives:
- Health Action Alliance, a unique partnership between leading businesses, communications experts and public health organizations to strengthen the business community’s response to COVID-19, accelerate vaccine acceptance, advance health equity and rebuild public health.
- Civic Alliance, a nonpartisan coalition of more than 1,000 companies that strengthens our democracy by inspiring every American to participate in shaping our country's future.
Our team brings deep and diverse experience from business, philanthropy and government, and we approach each problem with fresh eyes, continuously moving forward, innovating, and improving. At the heart of our work is impact; we aim to inspire positive change and achievement in people and communities we serve.
Join us and let’s make impact, together.
We are a team of passionate changemakers with deep experience designing and building coalitions that create positive social impact in the worlds of civic engagement, public health, and education.
As Program Manager, you will:
- Research, draft and edit polished written communications to our clients and partners including email campaigns, social media content, reports, toolkits and presentations.
- Manage multiple work streams where details count.
- Execute multi-faceted projects, including the planning of virtual and (in the future) in-person events.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress of various initiatives.
- Measure project performance based on agreed upon metrics.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key vendors and partners.
- Interface with clients, consistently following up on requests, and always presenting yourself professionally.
- Optimizing and improving processes to achieve high-quality results in the most efficient manner.
- Support the ideation, strategic planning and implementation of impact initiatives.
- Produce plans, presentations, and reports for the Meteorite team, clients and other external stakeholders.
- Conduct secondary research using third-party sources.
- Synthesize, analyze and package complex information and data.
- Collaborate closely with Meteorite’s Co-Founders and the broader team of high-performing staff and consultants.
- Represent the firm as a leader in the social impact marketplace.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
YOUR MINDSET AND EXPERIENCE:
- An exceptional communicator with experience presenting to clients.
- A master with the written word, with high attention to detail, excellent spelling and grammar and an ability to research and write at a high level on new and sometimes technical topics such as healthcare policy, HR, legal, and political issues.
- Published writing or ghost-writing experience a plus.
- Ability to multitask and manage various project elements simultaneously.
- 5+ years of prior work experience in project management.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, or a similar field.
- An organized, detail-oriented and high-energy creative thinker and problem-solver who sees every challenge as an opportunity.
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity.
- Experience planning and executing strategic initiatives.
- A confident self-starter who is ready to take initiative to tackle complex projects independently in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player who collaborates well with internal and external partners to help our clients achieve their goals.
- Experienced in producing polished plans, materials, and presentations.
- A deeply curious learner, always looking to grow and stay current with the topics most important to our firm and our clients.
- Meteorite is a fully remote organization, with team members in Los Angeles, Portland, Washington, DC and New York City.
- We heavily leverage technologies such as Zoom, Slack, and Google Drive for team communication and collaboration.
- Salary range: $60,000-$120,000 depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits and retirement plan offered.