Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of families facing homelessness? Are you searching for not just a job, but a calling? Door of Hope, a Christian, faith-based nonprofit that empowers families facing homelessness to transform their lives, is hiring a Case Manager to be part of our life-changing work.
As a Case Manager, you will empower families to overcome the practical, tangible challenges they face in their daily lives, such as gaining employment/sustainable income, growing savings, obtaining affordable childcare, planning for the future by pursuing education, and eliminating legal and financial hardships. You will build a culture of safety and security for families, creating a positive environment that fosters healing for the whole family unit. You will support and encourage families as they pursue their goals through providing case planning, advocacy, and by sharing local resources.
- Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week
- Swing shift: 3 day shifts (7am-3:30pm) + 2 evening shifts (2pm-10:30pm) per week
- Develop and supervise case management plans for families; track goals and progress by conducting weekly meetings with families
- Establish a realistic budget with families and monitor their financial behavior
- Assist families in pursuing educational programs for long-term income development
- Support the Program Manager in implementation and development of program guidelines
- Serve as key communication point between families and staff
- Uphold program policies and hold families accountable for their compliance
- Coordinate and conduct intakes with new families and orient new families to program
- Use Apricot system to maintain all documentation
- Provide crisis intervention, referrals, and accompany families to law enforcement and social service appointments; serve as advocate for residents as needed
- Build and maintain strong relationships with different agencies regarding the needs and services of families (childcare, employment, legal, SSI, DPSS, health)
- Attend and assist in weekly house meetings and special programs
- Oversee room inspections, document & communicate program infractions to specific family
- Provide house coverage and oversee house management duties
- Perform any other task necessary to support the mission of Door of Hope
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in Social Work, strongly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish
- 1-3 years of experience in case management, strongly preferred
- Prior experience working with victims of domestic violence, preferred
- Knowledgeable about services for families experiencing homelessness throughout Los Angeles County, strongly preferred
Character (i.e. committed to Door of Hope’s Core Values):
- Christ-centered, expressed through:
- Faith: We have an active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling: We believe our work at Door of Hope is a personal calling.
- Character: We demonstrate the character of Christ toward colleagues and families.
- Empowering, expressed through:
- Trust: We trust you, believe in you, and give you the freedom to take risks. (Mistakes are learning opportunities.)
- Accountability: We nurture your God-given strengths through coaching and accountability.
- Holistic, expressed through:
- Whole Person: Your emotional, spiritual and personal well-being matter to us.
- Whole Organization: We are on one team with one mission. (We don’t do silos.)
- Relationship, expressed through:
- Family: We love, celebrate, and pray with one another.
- Reconciliation: We manage conflict, practice vulnerability, and pursue diversity with honesty and grace.