Position title: Project Manager, Qatar Delegation FLSA Status: Independent Contractor / 1099 Department: Programs
Reports to: Senior Production Associate
Project term: 8 weeks, 20 hours per week estimated workload Budgeted rate: $8,000
The Paciﬁc Council seeks to hire a Project Manager to plan, coordinate, execute, and evaluate a November 2021 delegation to Qatar. The Project Manager will be responsible for all facets of trip coordination and logistics. They will work independently to develop and execute a substantive trip itinerary featuring meetings with high-level government oﬃcials, representatives from the World Cup, and leaders on issues related to sports diplomacy, gender equality, and food security, among other things. The Project Manager will join the trip to Qatar and develop content/media stemming from the trip.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all logistical elements of the delegation, including travel and accommodations, meeting outreach and scheduling, on-the-ground logistics, and individual activity/meeting details.
- Develop a delegation agenda that aligns with funder, CEO, Programs Managing Director, and Paciﬁc Council strategy objectives.
- Liaise with funders, Paciﬁc Council executives, and additional stakeholders on all trip details during planning, execution, and evaluation phases.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for outside vendors, including travel agencies, supporting this delegation.
- Develop, draft, and disseminate all trip communications including speaker inquiries, participant invitations, brieﬁngs, recommended readings, itineraries, and agendas.
- Develop and execute content for the delegation, including but not limited to: selected and curated readings, trips logs, summary reports, and other before, during, and after trip media.
- Conduct on-the-ground advance work for delegation visit
- Serve as an on-the-ground resource for speakers, venues, and participants during the trip
Metrics and Evaluation
- Develop trip metrics and KPIs based on funder and Paciﬁc Council strategy objectives
- Conduct post-delegation assessment of outcomes related to metrics and KPIs
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years experience in travel or event management, logistics, or a related ﬁeld
- Proﬁcient in cross-cultural communication
- Ability to work independently while also engaging proactively in stakeholder management
- Demonstrated commitment to mission, core values, and our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Middle East knowledge or expertise desired
- Arabic language proﬁciency a plus
- Specialization in public diplomacy or a related ﬁeld
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and eﬀectively, both verbally and written. Good listener, empathetic team player, and ﬂexible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While no one person will embody all the qualities enumerated above, the ideal candidate will possess many of those professional abilities, attributes, and experiences.
Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
In all our practices, the Paciﬁc Council has stated intention or policy (paciﬁccouncil.org/inclusivity) of seeking out and including people who might otherwise be excluded or non-traditional.
ADDITIONAL CONTRACT DETAILS
- This contract term is set for 2 months at a project rate of $8,000 with an estimated 20 hours of work per week, with the possibility of renewal
- With the exception of travel to Qatar, all contract work will be conducted remotely
- This is a 1099 independent contractor arrangement
- Contractors must provide their own software and equipment