The following provides a general description of duties and a more specific description of requirements for the Video Production Specialist. Please note that the summary of responsibilities and required abilities identified below are not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health received supplemental Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) funding from the CDC to enhance detection, response, surveillance, and prevention of COVID-19. These funds are intended to support a broad range of COVID-19 testing and epidemiologic surveillance related activities including the expansion of the training team within the Organizational Development and Training (ODT) for the Case and Contact Interview Branch (CCIB). The Training Team supports CCIB by providing training to incoming Disaster Service Workers and volunteers to serve as case interviewers and contact tracers.
The Video Production Specialist (VPS) staff provides expert support to COVID-19 related trainings by producing web-based and virtual trainings which can be live or recorded. The VPS will ensure seamless delivery of web-based, recorded, and live trainings by providing technical assistance to hosts, panelists, and training attendees. In addition, the VPS will be tasked to produce various training and promotional content including web design to supplement the unit’s training efforts.
The VPS is a direct report to the Director of Organizational Development and Training for professional oversight and direction
The duties of the VPS include, but are not limited to:
- Assigned to support Organizational Development and Training with training efforts related to COVID-19 response.
- Provides support to training team in the areas of planning, organization, implementation, and evaluation for recorded and live trainings.
- Plans live virtual training sessions by setting up and disseminating schedule.
- Hosts, records, and edits live virtual training sessions.
- Provides technical assistance before, during and after virtual training sessions.
- Provides evaluation materials by generating reports from virtual sessions.
- Develops e-learning modules.
- Maintains a professional, positive attitude and work ethic.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes in work environment and schedule.
- Excellent knowledge of video production software and equipment, and web-based training platform.
- Complies with LAC DPH training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
- Maintains digital and physical assets secured.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress.
- Applies sound critical thinking and judgment skills.
- Has a creative-eye and can effectively communicate those concepts to others
- Experience as project or team lead or coordinator.
- Experience in web design or website development/maintenance.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- A Master's degree from an accredited college in Instructional Communications Technology or similar field
- -OR- a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in communications or a related field and one year's experience within the last three years, writing, producing, and directing training or informational programs using broadcast level video technology used within the last three years.
- -OR- completion of three years (90 semester units or the equivalent) in an accredited college; 18 units must be in communications or a related field and two years' experience within the last three years, writing, producing and directing training or informational programs using broadcast level video technology used within the last three years.
- One additional year of the required experience may be substituted for each year of college (30 semester units or equivalent) on a year-for-year basis; and
- A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Windows-based laptop or desktop device, with a speaker and mic;
- Reliable Wi-Fi/internet access;
- Excellent knowledge of video production software and equipment, and web-based training platform;
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive attitude and work ethic;
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress; and
- Strong critical thinking and judgment skills.