Our mission at the Goldhirsh Foundation is to identify the brightest emerging talent from this diverse metropolis and beyond and plug them into the tools to best support their success. We fund social innovation efforts across these three areas: opportunity, sustainability, and activation, with a particular focus on Los Angeles County. Our annual My LA2050 Grants Challenge has received more than 1,800 ideas from local organizations for how to make Los Angeles a better place.
Fellowships are paid positions. Fellows should be able to commit at least 15 to 25 hours over the course of 3 to 4 days per week. The position begins now and is designed to run for 12 months, but for the right candidate, the term can be negotiated.
The position is currently remote. As public health best practices evolve, this may change. A candidate who is based in the Los Angeles area is preferable, but not mandatory.
The Goldhirsh Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive staff team. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ, women, people with disabilities; and/or formerly incarcerated people.
THE FELLOW WILL:
- Play an active role in supporting three brands across various social media platforms. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Creating content for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Scheduling digital content
- Performing research to identify new platforms and trends in social media to help grow the social networks for each of the brands
- Using social media analytics to inform social media strategies
- Assist with traditional communications and marketing, including:
- Updating media lists and press contacts
- Conducting research, as needed, to identify media outlets aligned with the missions of the various brands
- Pitching to journalists, bloggers, and influencers
- Assist in planning, outreach, programming, and logistical support of and at events
- Additional duties, as assigned, including basic and office administrative tasks
- Write -- and/or edit other staff members’ -- social media posts, regular newsletters, and blog posts
- Collect articles related to the Goldhirsh Foundation and/or LA2050’s interests to be used for social media
- Update any resource blogs on the LA2050 website
WE’RE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND STYLE:
- While we are looking for a student currently enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited university or community college, we are certainly open to non-students applying.
- A graduate student is preferred; undergraduates with experience and skill sets to match the Fellowship description are encouraged to apply
- An organized individual who is able to handle many tasks simultaneously and calmly
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Humility and grace to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace to complete both large and small tasks
- Initiative-taking ability and resourcefulness
- Proficiency and speed in completing tasks and a high sense of urgency
- Positive energy and sense of humor
- An interest in social innovation, philanthropy, and how the two relate to Los Angeles
- An interest in serving diverse communities
- Professional experience with social media, graphic design, and writing preferred, but not required
- Spanish language ability not required, but is a plus