Westside Pacific Villages (WPV) is a grassroots, membership-based, and volunteer-driven non-profit that organizes a variety of connections, support, and events–empowering people to better navigate the changes and opportunities that come with living longer. WPV helps older adults remain active and independent in the comfort and security of their own homes and neighborhoods. We do this with compassion, dignity, and respect.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Executive Director (ED), working closely with the WPV Board of Directors (BOD), will be responsible for the leadership, development, and operations of the organization. This includes oversight of fundraising, client membership and volunteer recruitment, new program development and strategic and financial planning. The job requires working with a wide range of community organizations and people in addition to state organizations and institutions, and supervision of a small staff. This position is accountable to the WPV BOD on all matters.
- Develop and maintain strategic and tactical plans for WPV with the guidance of the BOD
- Work with the staff, members, and volunteers to evaluate and enhance member benefits and services
- Prepare an annual budget for the organization with quarterly reviews with the BOD
- Maintain an efficient and organized business office compliant with necessary regulations.
- Recruit, manage, and develop staff, contractors, interns, and volunteers.
- Ensure Assisted Rides (CRM software) is accurate and up to date with WPV member and other informationResponsible for contract management including negotiating and researching agreement terms
- Provide timely reports to the BDD on the health and the status of the organization
- Working closely with the BDD, identify and cultivate individuals, businesses, and philanthropic opportunities for funding
- Manage the development of donor solicitation materials
- Maintain existing and cultivate new development partnerships and opportunities
- Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives
- Assist in identifying grant opportunities, managing the grant development and proposal process
- Maintain security and quality controls of donor information and contributions.
- With the support of the WPV BOD, recruits new client members and retains client membership renewals
- With support of the WPV BOD, recruits new volunteer members and retains adequate volunteer base to support client service requests.
- Deliver outstanding services and programming to WPV client and volunteer members
- Manage resources and supervise staff effectively to ensure excellent service is delivered to members
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities
- Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners
- Schedule regular outreach opportunities in the community and engage BOD to participate
- Identify and establish an on-going relationship with surrounding community members and leaders
- Proven senior level management experience with responsibility for multiple functional areas
- Self-directed and flexible, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, with attention to details and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with elders, social service or in a health care environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and prepare financial reports
- Must be comfortable presenting WPV’s vision to a wide array of audiences/groups
- Must be up to date on all vaccinations including COVID