Job Title – Development Specialist (Temporary Position/Maternity Leave Replacement)
Reports to – Co-CEOs
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 195 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals, and underserved schools.
Baby2Baby is actively looking for a Development Specialist with ample non-profit experience during the Director of Development’s maternity leave. This is a temporary, full-time consultant position hiring immediately through April 2022. During the Director of Development’s absence, the Development Specialist will report to the Co-CEOs, and will be responsible for maintaining the daily operations of the development department. This includes overseeing all donor engagement strategies, grant reporting and the daily management of the donor database.
The role is ideal for a detail-oriented, efficient, and self-driven professional who has experience leading a high-functioning fundraising team.
The Development Specialist will work from the Baby2Baby headquarters at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90016.
Duties and responsibilities
- Continues to execute ongoing donor engagement strategies during Director of Development’s absence.
- Oversees coordination of all gift processing, including database entry and coding, documenting gift guidelines and restrictions, communicating pledge details to necessary teams; and invoicing, tracking and reconciling all payments.
- Oversees donor communication, including donor acknowledgment letters.
- Builds fundraising links for customized campaigns and activations.
- Leads pledge tracking and revenue reports.
- Leads grant reporting calendar and associated grant reporting guidelines.
- Oversees donor software database, as well as donor prospect profiles to guide development strategy.
- Maintains and organizes donor and campaign solicitation materials, working closely with the marketing and creative team when edits/designed assets are needed.
- Tracks and monitors grant opportunities from foundations, government agencies and grantmaking institutions.
- Identifies new and potential revenue sources.
- Works across departments to inform development strategy as needed.
- Compiles regular reports of solicited fundraising, and general fundraising reports.
- Prepares and sends weekly donation reports to leadership on all donations received and pledge/payment updates.
- Leads drafting, editing and submitting all required grant reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of work experience within a development department.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors.
- Familiarity with CRM systems; DonorPerfect preferred.
- Strong communicator, decision-maker and strategic-thinker.
- Proven abilities in multi-tasking and problem-solving.
- Team player that thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with effective time management, interpersonal skills and a self-starter mentality.
- Ability to perform duties under pressure with a positive attitude.
- Shows commitment to the mission, vision and values of Baby2Baby.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Organized with attention to follow up, deadlines and record keeping.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Bilingual. Fluent in Spanish
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.