For more than 45 years Bet Tzedek has set the standard for innovation and excellence in providing outreach, education, and direct legal services to those who need it most. In that tradition, Bet Tzedek is looking for an Office Services Coordinator to join its growing team. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, this staff member will support and maintain office services, supplies, copiers, printers and other equipment, and provide general office support as appropriate.
This person will also execute the agency’s records retention policies and systems and will operate a variety of office machines such as copiers, faxes, and the postage meter. This position is instrumental in the smooth running of the organization and is heavily relied upon by staff to ensure that their files, mail, and other important matters are handled properly and in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all correspondence (mail/packages/deliveries), paying attention to items that need urgent or special processing;
- Deliver mail to staff mailboxes in the break room, and packages to the appropriate individuals’ offices, which may require the use of a hand truck.
- Maintain the file room; file current year files daily and accurately prepare files for off-site storage;
- Coordinate the removal of on-site records to off-site storage and enter box numbers in case management system for each file shipped out;
- Maintain postage meter;
- Shared responsibility to manage supply requests via email;
- Proactively monitor the physical condition of common areas including hallways, lobby, kitchen, and copy rooms and maintain availability of hand and surface sanitizing products throughout the office;
- Ensure that all file, copy, and storage areas are stocked with necessary supplies and that equipment is functioning properly;
- Along with the Bet Tzedek Green Team, help execute Bet Tzedek’s sustainability program, including encouraging staff participation in recycling and other established initiatives; • Occasionally cover duties performed by operations other staff as needed;
- Perform other offices support duties assigned by COO.
- High school diploma or equivalent (required);
- Minimum two years office services experience including filing, processing mail and receptionist duties;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Previous experience in a legal environment (preferred);
- Use of internet for research; Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) (required);
- Demonstrated commitment to applying principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in performance of job duties;
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to Bet Tzedek’s mission of equal justice for all and Bet Tzedek’s core values of leadership, community-based advocacy, and innovation.