Under the direction of the ASES Coordinator and ASES Supervisor
- Work with staff and students to ensure the implementation of engaging, enriching, and safe activities.
- Prepare activity lesson plans and gather needed supplies for activities.
- Take attendance daily, check for accuracy and completeness, and submit to leadership staff
- Perform active supervision of all students at all times during program hours
- Ensure all students participate in the activities.
- Implement Vaughn Positive Behavior Support (PBS) practices
- Follow program procedures for sign-in/out, early dismissal, and snack time
- Ensure that authorized adults sign out students by signing the attendance sheet and noting the sign out time. Address parents/guardians in a professional manner.
- Alert leadership staff if any issues arise. .
- Develop and maintain a record of all lesson plans for enrichment and educational activities.
- Attend trainings presented by Vaughn Human Resources and ASES department.
- Address all Vaughn and ASES staff in a professional manner.
- Wear staff uniform and display Vaughn staff badge daily for security purposes.
- Experience with working in a team atmosphere
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience working with school aged children
- Dependable and strong work ethic
- About Vaughn Next Century Learning Center
- The goal of Vaughn is to graduate students who possess the knowledge, skills and habits of mind necessary to work and live in the 21st Century global environment and to become contributing individuals and life-long learners.
ABOUT OUR CHARTER: Vaughn is a large, urban, full-service, public charter school that provides maximum learning opportunities to students (Preschool- Grade 12) so they will be successful academically, physically, and socially; specifically, Vaughn will:
- Prepare students to master grade level standards, think critically, and be ready for post-secondary learning
- Reduce social stressors that negatively impact child and family development, including poverty.
- Create a professional and caring community among staff, families, and community.
- Become a model for school reform locally, nationally and globally.