Climate Resolve is seeking a motivated, personable, inquisitive, and detail-oriented individual with a commitment to equitable solutions to climate change, to join the team as a full-time Development Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director while working closely with the Senior Operations Director, the Development Manager (DM) will perform development, administrative, and programmatic activities to support the strategic implementation and management of the organization’s individual and major donor fundraising program. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual with a growth mindset to help build out a key organizational pillar at Climate Resolve.
- Identify and cultivate individual, business, and philanthropic opportunities for funding the organization, working closely with the organization’s leadership team
- Manage the development of major donor solicitation materials
- Maintain a database of all development partnerships and opportunities in the organizational client relationship management (CRM) system (Raiser’s Edge)
- Contribute to the development of public giving opportunities via the organization’s annual Coolest in LA gala, as well as smaller-scale ‘friend-raising’ events, direct mail, and email solicitations
- Develop and manage a communications strategy with individuals, foundations, and other funders, including face-to-face, phone, and email interactions
- Write development-related copy for the Climate Resolve newsletter, website, and other external communications, in collaboration with the Communications Manager
- Function as an intermediary on behalf of the organization, embodying and communicating the mission, vision, and culture of Climate Resolve with external partners
- Develop and maintain relationships with climate-oriented businesses and other client prospects, especially those located in California
- Maintain a database of these partnerships in the organizational CRM
- Submit and review quarterly a 12-month work plan
The Development Manager will be thoroughly committed to Climate Resolve’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- A Bachelor's degree and at least four years of progressive experience in non-profit development, environmental policy, and/or management related fields
- A “people person” capable of building deep and genuine relationships with various stakeholders, and a comfort level with a wide variety of sectors that make up the world of fundraising, including the philanthropic community
- Ability to think outside the box, introducing innovative ways to build and deepen existing and nascent partnerships
- Experience with constituent relationship management systems, such as Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud, or Salesforce
- Important to be self-directed and flexible, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, with attention to deadlines and detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a supportive and collaborative fashion with a diverse group
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion principles
- Positive attitude, curiosity, and flexibility - and a sense of humor!
- Master’s Degree degree or 6+ years of progressive experience in non-profit development, environmental policy, or management related fields
- Expertise in climate and environment-related fields
- Experience in donor cultivation and fundraising; Fundraising certification is a plus
- Live event production experience
This is a full-time position (40 hrs/wk) with medical benefits, dental/vision stipend, a matching 401(k) contribution, and a stipend for professional development. Salary offered is $62,000-67,000 DOE.
We encourage applicants of all races, ethnicities, physical abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to apply; Climate Resolve is committed to a diverse workplace.