The Greater Los Angeles VA Healthcare Network is recruiting for five (5) Senior Social Workers in the Community Engagement and Reintegration Service (CERS) Transitional Housing Program (THP), which is a community-based program funded under Grant Per Diem (GPD). The Senior Social Worker Liaison performs duties independently in community-based settings to include working with Veterans and family members from various socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, educational, and other diversified backgrounds.
The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides services and oversight of the Homeless GPD funded programs as defined in the GPD rules, regulations, and directives including verification of Veteran status and eligibility for participation in the Homeless Providers GPD Program.
- Maintains admission and discharge dates of participants for billing purposes.
- Participates in program planning and development, advising the Transitional Housing Coordinator of shifting trends with caseloads and identifying the need for and making recommendations regarding program procedure or policy changes with the coordinator and the program directly.
- Coordinates and participates in program site inspections utilizing the Transitional Housing Program rules, regulations, and directives outlined in the Transitional Housing Diem Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as guidance and forwards completed inspection packages to the appropriate offices.
- Identifies high risk patients, conducts biopsychosocial assessments, develops treatment plans, provides case management, and therapeutic services at Transitional Housing Program sites as described in the Transitional Housing program rules, regulations, and directives.
- Utilizes various treatment modalities of individual and group work, casework, crisis intervention, community organization, and community outreach activities to alleviate or remove problems that interfere with the Transitional Housing Program participants' ability to achieve independence.
- Performs specialized treatment of complex mental illness, addictions, homeless and special populations (women, OEF/OIF, older adults and families) on site and in the community.
- Engages with community agencies, organizations, and groups to coordinate services or resources available for homeless Veterans as well as provide current information on services and benefits available in the VA for Transitional Housing Program participants.
- Participates in Medical Center research by identifying questions and trends that should be studied as a basis toward improving aspects of social service and/or physical or mental health care delivery to Veterans s well as devising and carrying out studies designed to test appropriate hypotheses.
Senior Social Worker position in Transitional Housing Program working with Veterans experiencing housing insecurity/homelessness.
Requires: LCSW + 2 years-post LCSW experience
Open/Close Dates: 06/26/2021 to 07/26/2021