KCRW is far more than a radio station—it's a multiplatform publisher-broadcaster, that thrives through contact with its audiences. Our new Engagement Producer is at the business end of this contact, responsible for curating, editing, and creating on-demand content that will engage new and existing audiences—wherever they are.
The role requires someone with a deep interest in culture—in its broadest sense—and the ability to transform ideas and stories into highly engaging multiplatform content. This person must have video and audio editing skills.
This person will work closely with other internal content creators to identify potential stories and create content, as well as KCRW's community and other external parties on content creation and distribution.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. This position is in the SAG-AFTRA Bargaining Unit.
- Assist with collaboration within and without the culture department, including the CMS, social media and marketing teams
- Cultivate and create shareable content and other special content packages as needed for the culture department
- Getting out in the community in person to get content and or assist with productions, when necessary
- Assist with the development of independent projects
- Assist with the production of culture programs when needed
- Assist with pilot production and development of new in-house projects
- Provide social media engagement support for specific culture department programs
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of creating, or producing video and audio content / shareables
- Experience working in a fast-paced media environment
- Familiarity with measurement tools, and the ability to interpret data to help us understand our successes and failures
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience editing on common audio and video software
- Experience promoting programming and content through social and other online platforms
- Strong content or programming judgment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively and also work independently
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
What we offer:
- Salary, commensurate with experience
- Sick leave award
- Vacation leave accrual
- Health insurance (including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life and AD&D) eligibility
- 403(b) with company match