Ocean & Mountain is a Los Angeles-based consulting team dedicated to advancing social justice and progressive causes through strategic communications, media relations and digital media. Our clients are leading social change across the most transformational policy fronts in Los Angeles right now, including addressing the housing and homelessness crisis, improving public spaces, protecting civil rights and worker rights, and building racial and social equity.
We're seeking a Business Support Associate to provide executive administrative support and business support to the company owners.
This is a part-time contract position located in Los Angeles. The associate will work remotely. However, on-site support to the two company owners may be required on occasion. While we prioritize a healthy life-work balance, some weekend and evening work may be required.
- Track notes, action items and agenda for weekly partner calls
- Create and maintain work plan on Asana for business management tasks
- Generate weekly hours reporting by project for partner and staff review
- Track annual and monthly calendar of tax deadlines, payroll, business insurance, state and federal administrative deadlines (Statement of Information, etc.)
Financial management support
- Support and ensure timely monthly invoicing of clients
- Initiate and support contract renewal process 60 days before contract expiration
- Support and ensure timely completion of contract paperwork
- Track payments overdue past 30 days and draft alerts for owners to send to clients
- Scheduling for company owners--ensure blocked time is protected per strategy guidance from owners
- Executive assistant support to principals--occasional administrative errands that may involve driving to post office/UPS, etc.; online orders for client and staff gifts
- Track action items from weekly project calls into Asana
- Maintain media contact database
Desired skills for this position
- 5+ years of experience in a office management/business support position of similar responsibility
- Skilled and enthusiastic at organization and project management
- Action-oriented, inspires confidence and trust
- Familiarity with web-based business platforms, such as Google Calendar, Asana, Harvest
- Ability and interest in learning new administrative tools and systems
- Familiarity with social justice causes and/or Los Angeles politics, philanthropy and activism
- We anticipate this position will be 15-20 hours per week at a rate of $25-30 per hour. Pay will be commensurate with experience.