The following provides a general description of duties and a more specific description of requirements for the Senior Health Educator. Please note that the summary of responsibilities and required abilities identified below are not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
The Senior Health Educator (SHE) will oversee the Health Education Trainers and will be responsible for assisting the TPM with the management of all aspects of the Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) training under the leadership of the Director and Associate Director of Public Health’s Division of Organizational Development and Training (ODT). The SHE will assist in the coordination all training activities including, but not limited to, the IPC training needs assessment, plan and implementation of the IPC training, and evaluation of the program. The Senior Health Educator will report directly to TPM for professional oversight and direction.
The duties of the Senior Health Educator include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the creation and monitoring of training materials, policies, goals, and objectives;
- Assist the TPM with the development of training content and training materials;
- Oversee the work of the IPC Health Education Trainers;
- Conduct training evaluation activities and make modifications or improvements to IPC training based on program evaluations;
- Collaborate with and seeks guidance from Subject Matter Experts to incorporate accurate subject matter content;
- Provide webinar platform technical assistance (e.g., scheduling webinars, facilitating question & answer sessions, taking attendance, etc.);
- Comply with DPH training regarding confidential information related to personal information Completes other duties, as assigned.
- A master's degree with specialization in public health education or community health education in a program of study accredited by the American Public Health Association or equivalent, as required under California Law -AND- two years of public health education experience; and
- A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Windows-based laptop or desktop device, with a speaker and mic;
- Reliable Wi-fi/internet access;
- Proficient in various computer programs, including Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and other specialized programs such as Microsoft Teams, WebEx,
- Canvas Learning Management System;
- Excellent customer service, written, and oral communication, organization, time management, and prioritization skills;
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive attitude and work ethic;
- Ability to work well independently and with co-workers; Ability to set and adhere to deadlines during a time of crisis and distress
- Detail-oriented; and
- Strong oral and written communication skills