Propper Daley, the social impact agency behind the world’s leading changemakers, seeks an experienced Financial Controller with at least 7 years of experience, who is passionate about making lasting social change.
As part of the Operations Team, the primary function of this position is to manage and analyze the agency’s financial health. Specifically, this position will lead day-to-day financial management and accurately model and forecast the business’ financial health to inform important business decisions.
This position reports to EVP, Operations & Growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accurate and timely preparation of all accounting and financial information for the Company including month-end financial statements (P&L, balance sheet and cashflow) and financial planning and analysis activities.
- Management of the company’s accounting and finance records, general ledger, and management accounts and the key point of contact for the year-end accounts process.
- Own the development of high-quality financial management reporting to assist leadership in making key financial decisions.
- Performing financial scenario analysis to support senior management's strategic decision making.
- Monitoring key financial KPIs and reporting to leadership (via a monthly KPI narrative), flagging key areas for improvement to the leadership team for their consideration. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis.
- Selecting, implementing and continuously improving agency financial management software product(s) to enable accurate project accounting, reporting, forecasting, resourcing and billing.
- Working closely with the account teams to monitor, analyze and forecast monthly client profitability
- Management of the monthly payroll process and company 401K and ensuring all new hires are properly set up in the company’s books.
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical and effective communicators.
- Propper Daley is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively in an autonomous fashion.
- A SEASONED FINANCIAL MANAGER: You have at least 7 years of accounting / finance experience with 3+ years in a similar role within a business that generated $10M+ revenue.
- PEOPLE & PROCESS-ORIENTED: You thrive in a fast-paced environment because of your appreciation of process and you always exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL ACTIVATOR: At your core, you are motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively in an autonomous fashion.
- SUPERIOR COMMUNICATOR: You are able to communicate effectively in any form. You are an excellent verbal and written communicator. You know how to share complex, detailed information in a way that is digestible and actionable by both those who understand your work and those who don’t.
- ANALYTICS & DATA-FOCUSED: You have significant experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis.
- A FINANCIAL MODELING EXPERT: You have superior proficiency with Excel & complex financial modeling.
- EXPERIENCED IN OUR INDUSTRY: Experience in a digital marketing and/or agency business and have a detailed understanding of P&L/Balance sheets
- TRADITIONALLY TRAINED: You have a bachelor's degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Business, Economics, or Mathematics. Certified CPA preferred.
ABOUT PROPPER DALEY
Based in Los Angeles, Propper Daley helps our clients leverage their unique assets to create positive change in the world. We work with influencers, brands and causes, providing both strategic and creative solutions to move the needle on the issues they care most about. Our approach, rooted in behavioral science, moves beyond foundational "awareness raising" to those strategies and ideas that shift the attitudes and perceptions that lead to behavior change.
We believe deeply in working as teams. More often than not, social change requires collaborative creativity, disruption and complex problem solving. We serve our clients as thought-partners, strategists, advisers, and tacticians as they move their important work forward.
Some of our clients include:
- John Legend and #FREEAMERICA
- The Shawn Mendes Foundation
- Bradley Cooper’s One Family Foundation
- Kerry Washington
- The Call of Duty Endowment
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- This position is a full-time role
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Matching up to 3% of a 401K (free money!)
- Great medical insurance and disability insurance
An open vacation policy