basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past 10 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 175 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools, as well as children across the country who have lost everything in the wake of disasters.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator will help the Program team execute the various programs at Baby2Baby. The Program Coordinator will work directly with our partner agencies to ensure needed donations are distributed to low-income children in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will have previous office and/or nonprofit experience, strong attention to detail and a positive, can-do approach.
The Program Coordinator will work Monday-Friday at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90016, with some occasional weekend work. The work is performed in both a warehouse and office setting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Communicates with partner organizations to coordinate the distribution of essential items to children.
- Executes data analysis within Baby2Baby’s record-keeping systems and compiles requested information.
- Assists community members in their search for donations and facilitate introductions to organizations.
- Provides a high level of customer service and enforce department policies and standards.
- Maintains records, protocols and files to ensure department information is recorded properly.
- Onboards new agency contacts and conduct orientations on Baby2Baby programming.
- Aids in the development of relationships with partner organizations in order to assist with event & special program enrollment.
- Works with senior program staff to ensure program and project milestones are met.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of previous experience in an office setting.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Quick thinking, strong attention to detail and ability to problem-solve and prioritize as needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and the Google Apps suite.
- Self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Dedication to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language.
- Experience with AirTable and/or Qualtrics software.