Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 175 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals, and underserved schools.
Reporting to the Director of Grants & Donor Relations, the Development Coordinator manages the daily operations and administrative functions of the development department to support the team in raising more than $10M in annual cash revenue, assisting with gift processing, grant reporting, soliciting gifts, and the daily management and maintenance of the donor database.
The role is ideal for a detail-oriented, efficient and self-driven professional who is looking to advance their career as part of a high-functioning fundraising team.
The Development Coordinator will work from the Baby2Baby headquarters at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90016.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversees and facilitates all gift processing, including database entry and coding, documenting gift guidelines and restrictions, communicating pledge details to necessary teams; and invoicing, tracking and reconciling all payments.
- Drafts, prepares and distributes donor acknowledgment letters.
- Assists Director of Grants & Donor Relations in building fundraising links for customized campaigns and activations.
- Manages pledge tracking and revenue reports.
- Manages grant reporting calendar and associated grant reporting guidelines.
- Maintains donor software database, as well as donor prospect profiles to guide development strategy.
- Tracks and monitors donor and prospect movement to inform Director of Grants & Donor Relations on next steps for follow-up and cultivation, where necessary.
- Maintains and organizes donor and campaign solicitation materials, working closely with the marketing and creative team when edits/designed assets are needed.
- Tracks and monitors grant opportunities from foundations, government agencies and grantmaking institutions.
- Identifies new and potential revenue sources.
- Works with various teams to regularly update donor email lists for newsletters and outreach.
- Compiles regular reports of solicited fundraising, and general fundraising reports.
- Prepares and sends weekly donation reports to leadership relations on all donations received and pledge/payment updates.
- Assists Director of Grants & Donor Relations in drafting, editing and submitting all required grant reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years’ work experience within a development department.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Familiarity with CRM systems; DonorPerfect preferred.
- Strong communicator, decision-maker and strategic-thinker.
- Proven abilities in multi-tasking and problem-solving.
- Team player that thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with effective time management, interpersonal skills and a self-starter mentality.
- Ability to perform duties under pressure with a positive attitude.
- Shows commitment to the mission, vision and values of Baby2Baby.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Organized with attention to follow up, deadlines and record keeping.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Prior non-profit and administrative experience
- Familiarity cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors
- Bilingual. Fluent in Spanish