The Music Center is one of the largest and most highly regarded performing arts centers in the country and convenes artists, communities, and ideas with the goal of deepening the cultural lives of every resident of Los Angeles County. The non-profit performing arts organization has two divisions: TMC Arts and TMC Ops. TMC Arts, The Music Center’s programming engine, provides year-round programming inside The Music Center’s four theatres, on Jerry Moss Plaza, in Grand Park, in schools and other locations all over Los Angeles County and on a digital platform called The Music Center Offstage. TMC Ops manages the Theatres, the Plaza and Grand Park on behalf of the County of Los Angeles. The Music Center is home to four renowned resident companies—Center Theatre Group, Los Angeles Master Chorale, LA Opera and LA Phil.
The Music Center of Los Angeles County is seeking an experienced, highly resourceful Sr. Production Coordinator, team player and cultural arts professional with strong project leadership skills to join the Production team, part of the TMC Ops division of The Music Center. In this role, you will help achieve The Music Center’s mission of deepening the cultural life of every Angeleno.
Reporting to the Director of Production, the Sr. Production Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day production office tasks including bookkeeping, clerical, and administrative support to the Director of Production and Production Managers.
Additionally, this position supports the Director of Production with additional tasks as assigned and as it relates to the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Code and distribute invoices to the Accounting Department.
- Document and track facility fee expenditures.
- Process IATSE Local 33 union payroll, create labor charge sheets, and distribute labor paychecks.
- Handle dispersion and reconciliation of petty cash payments.
- Track production office supplies and replenish as needed.
- Track, process, and update IATSE Local 33 union heads vacation and sick time accruals for all theatres and provide a reconciliation report to accounting.
- Reconcile AMEX statements for the Director of Production and follow through on missing or erroneous charges.
- Arrange for production equipment supplies as requested by union heads. Track all deliveries and follow up if issues arise.
- Interface with Housekeeping (trash bins/dumpsters/etc) for Music Center productions.
- Respond to general inquiries from in-house departments and resident companies.
- Coordinate vendor maintenance schedules and escort vendors across campus as needed.
- Update production schedules for Local 33 union heads in compliance with Local 33’s CBA.
- Track expiring letters of agreement with Music Center vendors (piano cartage, piano tuning, organ conservator, etc.)
- Coordinate IATSE Local 33 crew key and ID badge requests with Security Department.
- Answer phones and greet visitors to the Production office.
- Potential responsibilities include production coordinator for rental events or other Music Center productions or presentations.
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Experience in the performing arts and live events is preferred.
- 5 Years minimum experience working with MS Excel at a proficient level.
- Core competency in MS Excel spreadsheet creation, navigation, and creating formulas.
- Experience working with and collaborating with accounting and finance departments.
- Experience with payroll, employee on boarding, employee relations preferred.
- Extreme attention to detail in a busy, constantly changing environment.
- Meticulous precision in data entry, and commitment to accuracy.
- General knowledge of IATSE Local 33 contracts and/or prior work with unions, preferred.
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities and manage changes in daily and week work responsibilities.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing daily work assignments.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to work onsite in office AND remote.
SALARY RANGE: is $40,000 – $45,000 commensurate with experience.