The Skirball Cultural Center—an institution guided by a spirit of welcome—seeks a warm, friendly, and flexible self-starter with excellent communication skills for the full-time position of Visitor Experience Associate. This person serves on the Visitor Experience team within the Skirball’s Education and Visitor Experience department and reports to the Visitor Experience Manager. This is a 36–40 hour/week position with a pay rate of $15.70/hour and full benefits. The general schedule is Sunday–Thursday, 8:30 am–5:00 pm, with two six-hour workdays and some schedule shifts to accommodate evening programming.
- Greet, welcome, and engage with visitors in a warm, professional, and outgoing manner that sets them up for a positive overall Skirball experience.
- Perform box office sales using Altru ticketing system.
- Resolve any ticketing issues efficiently while providing exceptional customer service. Handles all transactions with attention to detail, discretion, and security.
- Receive, track, and account for daily cash and credit receipts ensuring accuracy and completeness. Generate daily Will-Call lists.
- Work closely with Security, Porters, and Volunteers at the membership desk to help the lobby run smoothly and ensure a positive visitor experience.
- Share visitor experiences and weekend activity reports with manager and other senior staff as requested.
- Adhere to COVID-19 safety policies due to working with the public and in different environments.
- Some scheduled shifts may include working from home.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and verbal communication skills and a friendly, professional demeanor. Active interest in interacting with people for the bulk of each day. Prior experience interacting with families desirable.
- Prior sales/box office experience desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail, effectiveness as a team player, and ability to solve problems nimbly in a changing environment.
- Ability to convey the Skirball’s mission and share information about its exhibitions, programs, and other offerings with visitors.
- Ability to interact positively with people of different generations and backgrounds.
- Basic math skills to account for receipts, prepare routine reports, and resolve errors.
- Basic computer skills and competent written communication skills.
- Fluency in (spoken) Spanish preferred.