One Community is a film and television co-financing company that harnesses the power of storytelling to inspire and encourage positive change in the world. One Community invests in projects with the power to change hearts and minds on critical issues of equity and equality, and designs robust social impact campaigns to amplify and align the work of philanthropy and policy experts and convert audience empathy into action.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of this position will be to develop and manage impact campaigns for film and television projects that highlight various aspects of inequity in society -- including civil rights, human rights, environmental justice and structural racism. Specific issues that embody the mission include criminal justice reform, education, public health, women’s rights, civic engagement, climate change, and immigration, to name a few.
Develop and manage day-to-day impact campaign work for film and television, and support the Chief Impact Officer in all of the company’s social impact initiatives. Specifically, this role may include the following:
- Develop impact strategies for campaigns in collaboration with content creators, partner organizations, and One Community impact team;
- Identify social action themes and engagement opportunities for campaigns;
- Supervise or conduct research for each film, TV program or digital initiative to understand issues, context, political landscape and potential partners;
- Negotiate and secure partnerships with NGOs, foundations and other campaign partners for campaigns across all platforms;
- Lead the impact development process for each film, TV program and digital initiative with internal and external stakeholders;
- Collaborate with One Community staff to produce educational materials, including discussion guides and lesson plans, as part of impact strategies
- Work with One Community staff and consultants to develop social media strategies, screening event materials, and web content;
- Create marketing documents and materials used with executives, partners, and distributors;
- Review all work with lens towards inclusion and diversity; and
- Other duties/special projects, as assigned.
- At least 5-7 years of experience – and proven success – in the fields of communications, advocacy, or political campaign management; marketing; program management; and/or film/media;
- Enthusiastic about using film/media to drive conversation, action, and impact;
- Approach work with sense of joy and laughter;
- Aware of cultural trends and current events;
- Passionate about social justice and human and civil rights;
- Capable of handling sensitive information discreetly and maintaining confidentiality;
- Extremely organized and process-oriented;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, and able to tailor communications to a wide variety of audiences/stakeholders;
- Very empathetic and comfortable connecting with people from a wide range of backgrounds and life experiences;
- Strong project management skills; able to juggle multiple projects, timelines, and reporting requirements simultaneously;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Position will be temporarily working remotely for an undetermined amount of time, and will transition to an office setting within Metro Los Angeles when safety allows.
- Position is full-time exempt.
- Position reports to the Chief Impact Officer.
- Benefits Include:
- Company sponsored Healthcare, Dental and Vision plans
- Company 401K plan offered
- Generous holiday schedule and vacation benefits