The Volunteer and Program Coordinator oversees all volunteer coordination and client training activities at Chrysalis’ San Fernando Valley site. From presenting to potential volunteers to building a trained pool of volunteers to supporting the daily delivery of services, the Volunteer & Program Coordinator will own it all. The Volunteer & Program Coordinator will provide direct services to Chrysalis clients, helping them build resumes, cover letters, and interview skills, and will teach Chrysalis’ job readiness classes and submit online job applications as needed. The Volunteer & Program Coordinator will also lead special projects, meetings, and corporate partnerships. Some coverage support at other Chrysalis offices on as needed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Volunteer Recruitment, Coordination, Training, and Engagement
- Develop informative and eye-catching volunteer postings and propose a variety of volunteer recruitment strategies.
- Maintain close communication with all San Fernando Valley volunteers and provide direct support on a daily basis, including addressing day-to-day emails, inquiries, and needs.
- Assess program needs, screen, onboard and train new volunteers regularly.
- Support and/or carry out volunteer appreciation and engagement activities, including recognizing volunteer milestones and helping to plan/execute regular volunteer engagement events.
- Evaluate volunteer performance on an ongoing basis, giving direct feedback, and following up with additional training as needed.
- Work closely with Client Services team, attending weekly staff meetings and maintaining active communication about volunteers and client training activities.
- Communicate regularly with Development and Communications Department regarding relevant volunteer activity, engagement, and donors
Direct Client Service Delivery
- Provide one-on-one resume building, cover letter preparation, practice interview services, online job applications, tech lab sessions and facilitate job readiness classes as needed.
- Collaborate in the design and development of materials for Chrysalis’ training programs, with an eye toward making ongoing improvements.
- Support client and community events, including recruiting and supporting volunteers and various day-of activities.
Customer Service and Administration
- Coordinate volunteer and Chrysalis staff/intern schedules to ensure full coverage of one-on-one and job readiness classes.
- Ensure up-to-date and complete tracking of volunteer activities, client service transactions, and case notes in Chrysalis data systems.
- Monitor and replenish supplies for all volunteer-related client services.
- Adhere to all Chrysalis policies and procedures.
- Support the Chrysalis Mission and adhere to the Chrysalis Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills required
- Highly motivated by Chrysalis’ mission. Sensitivity and understanding of various cultures and lifestyles.
- Teaching/facilitation/training experience highly desired
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and intercultural skills
- Computer literacy required. Must be proficient in Internet research, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs and be willing to learn other applications as needed. Database management experience preferred
- Strong organizational, prioritization, time management skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience achieving success working under limited supervision
- Comfort speaking to crowds and communicating with a wide variety of audiences
- Willingness to work flexible schedule depending on needs
- Willingness to travel to meetings and provide coverage support at other Chrysalis offices (mileage reimbursed)
COVID-19 Considerations (Temporary)
- Remote (in office as needed)
- Remote Interview Process
- Remote On-boarding
- Virtual meetings