The Chrysalis Senior Employment Specialist (Sr. ES) plays an integral role in client success, partner relationships and center operations. The Sr. ES works 1-on-1 with clients in their dedicated caseload to provide employment and case management services with the goal that clients get ready for a job, find a job, and keep a job. The successful candidate will have the ability to use independent judgment, exceptional organizational skills, and a willingness & ability to incorporate into their work and educate colleagues on emerging industry best practices and techniques. In addition, this position will maintain key partnerships, participate in strategic conversations, and provide support to colleagues and Site Director.
Duties and responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
Provide Client Support, Guidance and Case Management
- Oversee the day-to-day case management of both working and non-working client cases. Encourage and motivate clients to work on their job search.
- Orient, assess, and provide employment counseling for clients. Assess clients for job readiness, including substance abuse, legal history, and mental and physical health. Provide referrals to educational, training, Chrysalis social enterprises, and other social services.
- Conduct 1-on-1 job readiness activities with clients, including resume building, practice interviews, job applications, computer tutorials, cover letters, reference lists, job search guidance, etc.
- Facilitate Job Preparation classes and other seminars on an as needed basis.
- Maintain up-to-date referrals resources for clients to facilitate employment search.
- Maintain accurate client/program data to manage caseload and generate reports as needed.
- Document each service, the outcome and next steps, as well as any observations of clients’ skills, job readiness, and/or growth opportunities into Service
- Point case management database.
- Analyze and report monthly data as required to maintain accurate client and program-based statistics.
Foster Strong Client, Colleague, and Partner Relationships
- Collaborate with service provider partners, government entities and referral agencies, including giving tours of Chrysalis and speaking about/presenting on the Chrysalis program and services.
- Facilitate and participate in planning for and/or arrange presenters for staff meetings.
- Participate in various committees and working groups in support of the organization’s Strategic Plan.
- Assist in training staff, volunteers, and interns, as applicable. Provide feedback in supportive and constructive manner as appropriate.
- Act as liaison for in-house partners, such as the On-Site Counselor and Legal Aid Fellows/Parking Ambassador.
- Key strategic thought partner for Site Director to promote strategic plan.
Deliver Administrative and Operations Support
- In Site Director’s absence, provide support to address time-sensitive client and office needs, including de-escalation, conflict management and mediation, and coverage issues, as needed.
- Support troubleshooting day-to-day service needs and staff capacity, especially in times of lower staffing levels.
- Support Site Director and Management Team in continuing to refine, practice and train staff on active case management, including conducting meetings and collaborating with Training Coordinator.
- Maintain, follow and implement all safety policies and procedures, including actively assisting in de-escalation.
- Track and manage internal resources, as applicable.
- Adhere to all Chrysalis policies and procedures.
- Support the Chrysalis Mission and adhere to the Chrysalis Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Passion for Chrysalis’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 – 2 years direct services/workforce development experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and the ability to work and make decisions independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately yet maintain flexibility
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Ability to lead and work independently
- Self-starter with “can do” attitude and initiative
- Ability to interact with clients, colleagues, partners, and others with diplomacy and tact
- Sensitive to various cultures and lifestyles
- Maintain confidential information and exercise discretion
- Computer literacy required. Must be proficient in Internet research, Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs and be willing to learn other applications as needed. Database management experience preferred
- Willingness to work flexible schedule depending on needs
- Reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel to meetings and other sites (mileage reimbursed)