Big Sunday connects people through helping. We provide a wide variety of opportunities and projects that bring people together to improve lives, build community and give people a sense of belonging.
The idea is that absolutely everyone has some way that they can help somebody else. In these divisive times we like to focus on what we all have in common.
Please check out our website at www.bigsunday.org.
PRIMARY PURPOSE/NATURE OF WORK
Big Sunday is seeking a Program Assistant to provide assistance in all kinds of ways both in the office and at Big Sunday events.
We are looking for someone energetic, lively, organized, hard-working, dependable, fun and kind. This person should like to be part of a team, but is also adept at working on their own. We’re also looking for someone who enjoys people and wants to help us bring diverse people together in the name of helping one another.
This is an entry-level job.
We are still largely working remotely, but are on a staggered in-person schedule. This person will be expected to be in the office a least 1 or 2 days a week, and increasingly as COVID restrictions ease.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. This person will often be the first person someone sees or speaks to at Big Sunday. He or she will answer phones and be the de facto receptionist.
2. Communicates with volunteers, nonprofit partners, donors and anyone else who calls or comes through the door
3. Helps out at Big Sunday volunteer events before, during and after. This includes preparation, set-up, and event coordination.
4. Taking a primary role in some of Big Sunday’s online programs
5. Taking a role in Big Sunday's special events and ongoing activities.
6. Helps maintain and organize the office
7. Helping arrange for drop-offs and pick-ups of donations and materials; some heavy lifting involved.
8. Running errands
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. A good sense of humor
2. Strong organizational skills.
3. A friendly demeanor.
4. Enjoying meeting new people.
6. Grace under fire.
7. A good sense of humor.
8. Being well-organized is helpful.
9. Good computer skills.
10. Good writing skills.
11. Being reliable.
12. Please note: There is heavy lifting.
13. A good sense of humor.
Details at a Glance
Work must be performed in or near Los Angeles, CA
To apply, please send via email to [email protected] Please put the words PROGRAM ASSISTANT in the subject line.
· a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position
· your resume
· 3 references
· A writing sample
· Please do NOT call (really)
WE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL Tuesday, April 20, 2020 AT 5:00 PM.