The UCLA Sustainable LA Grand Challenge (SLA GC) seeks an energetic, detail oriented, experienced multi-tasker to serve as the Program Administrator (PA). There are two primary duties for the person in this position: (1) Project Coordination & Event Planning and Coordination; and (2) Providing Executive Assistant support to both the executive director and faculty director of the SLA GC and Office Management support to all SLA GC staff.
As part of the Project Coordinator and Event Planning responsibilities the PA will take ownership of various events and projects. Responsibilities may vary, but potentially include aspects related to the full cycle of such events and projects. The types of events covered under these duties are primarily board and committee meetings, campus meetings, periodic symposia and occasionally fundraising events. For these "events" the PA will coordinate logistics including audio- visual, entertainment, security, parking, transportation, printing, decor, catering, rentals, licenses, and permits, as may be applicable; contact participants, and maintain RSVP lists; input data to create event reports and develop and monitor event budgets and reconcile expenses; handle on-site problem solving when necessary; and make on campus and off campus vendor arrangements. As part of the non-event project coordination duties, support SLA GC team members by creating tracking systems, routinely following up on deliverables and reporting on same.
As part of the Executive Assistant and Office Manager duties, provide a variety of support functions including calendar scheduling, travel arrangements, reimbursements, communications, stocking of office supplies and services, maintain mailing lists and provide various administrative support activities.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills to convey information clearly and discretely and in a timely fashion to people at a variety of levels within the organization (Chancellor, EVC-P, Deans, faculty, staff, students, and external stakeholders, including elected officials and other high-profile partners). Required
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software and ability to work in Windows. Mastery of MS Outlook for calendaring and email management. Required
- Work independently and exercise judgment in prioritizing assignments, establish creative work methods and strategies to complete assignments in a timely, accurate, and efficient basis with minimal supervision. Required
- Skill in editing correspondence for correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. Required
- Interpersonal skills to interact diplomatically and sensitively and to maintain cooperative and professional working relationships with senior leadership, faculty, other campus administrators and offices, vendors and non UCLA personnel. Required
- Ability to work with a great deal of detail and perform work with a high degree of accuracy. Required
- Ability to use various types of office equipment and various business and creative software including but not limited to social media tools and sufficient IT fluency to learn new tools as needed. Required
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and/or with short timelines for completion of projects. Required
- Ability and willingness to acknowledge when lack appropriate knowledge base or when have made a mistake. Required
- Willingness to be proactive for guidance about priorities. Required
- Familiarity and proficiency with campus business applications such as BruinBuy, Express, etc. Can be trained
- Minimum of 1 year experience as an executive assistant and in meetings management and event planning or related field. Required
- Ability to solve problems in a time sensitive manner. Required
- Judgment and discretion to know when information is sensitive, high priority and what is important to keep confidential. Required
- Effective communication skills, strong organizational skills and sufficient and creative persistence to get responses for needed information from a busy supervisor. Required
- Commitment to position and eagerness to learn more and grow, including learning more about the campus, programs, software tools, partners, etc. Required
- Diplomacy skills to work professionally with stakeholders at various levels within the organization and outside of the organization. Required
- Ability to problem-solve and take initiative to research and develop solutions to challenges for which no solution is already known. Required
- Understanding of and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. Required