The Events Assistant supports the operations of the Pacific Council events team by managing the administrative elements of Pacific Council events, including, but not limited to, virtual events and conferences. The Events Assistant also conducts record-keeping and data management on Salesforce CRM and virtual event platforms (Zoom, Socio), drafts event descriptions and run-of-shows, and supports virtual event production. When the organization returns to in-person events once it is safe to do so, the Events Assistant will support in-person events as well.
CONTRACTOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Supports events production on virtual event platforms (and in-person when applicable)
- Manages event guest lists and produces reports and event run-of-shows for internal and external stakeholders
- Creates and administers participant event surveys on virtual event platforms
- Tracks and maintains master calendar of upcoming event activity
- Handles general event email inquiries from Pacific Council members and the public
Tech and Database
- Manages event data collection, record-keeping, and event campaign creation on Salesforce, Skyvia, and other virtual event platforms
- Manages virtual events production on Zoom, Socio, and other relevant event platforms (i.e. Instagram, Clubhouse, as needed)
- Supports research, features testing, and functionality testing on virtual event platforms
- Drafts event descriptions
- Works with communications and/or events teams to generate event audiences through social media, mail merge, and other outreach as needed/requested
CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Experience: 1 year; combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Administrative support services
- Availability during business hours on Pacific Time
- Must own and have access to an iPhone
PREFERRED CONTRACTOR QUALITIES
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience in and capacity to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Google Drive programs, and Zoom
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While no one person will embody all the qualities enumerated above, the ideal candidate will possess many of those professional abilities, attributes, and experiences. In all our practices, the Pacific Council has stated an intention or policy (pacificcouncil.org/inclusivity) of seeking out and including people who might otherwise be excluded or non-traditional. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
ADDITIONAL CONTRACT DETAILS
- This contract term is set for 3 months at a rate of $31.20/hour and 15 hours of work per week, with the possibility of renewal.
- All work will be conducted remotely until it is safe to return to the office.
- This is a 1099 independent contractor arrangement.