Court Appointed Special Advocates of Los Angeles (CASA/LA) mobilizes community volunteers to advocate for children who have experienced abuse and neglect. The organization envisions a Los Angeles in which every child in the child welfare system has an advocate and the opportunity to thrive. CASA/LA is on a path to expand services to 12,000 of the estimated 38,000 children in the LA County’s dependency system every year. Key to these efforts is growth in the number of people who know about CASA/LA, the number of volunteers recruited and trained each year, and revenue generated from individuals, foundations, corporations and government sources.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for helping to build the CASA/LA brand, increasing awareness and visibility of CASA/LA among target audiences, including the general public. This position is responsible for daily activities involving website, social media, and other digital platforms. This position will also support the development and implementation of a comprehensive integrated marketing plan. As part of the Development Department, this position will also support overall fundraising efforts and strategies.
- Promote CASA/LA’s brand through multiple channels and platforms.
- Create website content, articles, collateral, talking points and other communications materials that resonate with our diverse audiences, helping them to see the work of CASA/LA and compelling them to move to action.
- Manage CASA/LA’s web presence and maximize the use of other digital channels.
- Identify target audiences and devise digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Research area newspapers and radio and television stations to solicit and facilitate media coverage of CASA/LA’s work.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals through marketing materials and social media platforms.
- Support volunteer recruitment efforts and activities with promotion and outreach as they pertain to information sessions, graduations and volunteer appreciation events.
- Coordinate publicity efforts with development team and PR agency.
- Manage media requests and approvals.
- Support social media strategy through planning and posting social media content and managing communication on social media sites
- Support fundraising events and communication materials such as invitation development, vendor oversight and related social media strategy.
- Prepare marketing reports by collecting data and media placements
- Manage inventory and orders from CASA Shop
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism, preferred.
- 2 years experience in digital marketing, database management, social media, web site content management, communications, branding, marketing analytics and cloud based IT.
- Must have strong design and visual communication skills.
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative, ad serving tools and marketing analytic tools, i.e. Google analytics and Constant Contact.
- Must possess strong writing skills
- Ability to develop content on traditional and digital platforms.
- Knowledge of HTML and WordPress.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills – strategic and tactical.
- Self-motivated and independent, with the ability to stay focused and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Cares deeply for the personal and professional development of their team.
- Must be able to pass a live scan.