The Foundation for California Community Colleges is on a mission to double its impact in the next 10 years. We are a group of relentless optimists and innovators in education, working collaboratively with public and private partners to help improve the student experience and expand pathways to economic and social mobility in communities across California. We are seeking Call Center Agents to join the Foundation in its mission of benefitting, supporting, and enhancing the California Community Colleges—the largest and most diverse system of higher education in the nation.
What You’ll Do
As California navigates a shifting landscape due to COVID-19, the ability to quickly respond and reach the most vulnerable community members is more crucial than ever. Leveraging its role as the auxiliary nonprofit to the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office, all 116 colleges, and 2.1 million students, the FoundationCCC is uniquely positioned to support relief efforts and connect Californians with resources to help them navigate these difficult times. The Foundation for California Community Colleges is rapidly expanding its call center support to bring critical resources to disadvantaged communities during the pandemic and beyond.
We are seeking Call Center Agents to join the Foundation’s Community Impact Call Center to provide outstanding customer service and technical assistance to families who receive social services across the state. Primary responsibility is to provide accurate information about eligible benefits, answer questions and inquiries, troubleshoot issues, document case notes and escalate inquiries when necessary.
What you bring
- Handles inquiries related to benefits and eligibility in a professional, resourceful, and empathetic manner.
- Determines eligibility by comparing client information to requirements.
- Performs research using available resources and routes calls to the appropriate resources.
- Multitasks and remains calm under pressure, especially during peak hours or difficult calls; de-escalates calls appropriately.
- Escalates priority issues, follows up on complex issues and reports to management.
- Completes call notes and call reports as necessary and updating them in the CRM.
- Obtains and evaluates all relevant data to handle complaints and inquiries.
- Records details of comments, inquiries, complaints, and actions taken.
- Recognizes, documents, and alerts the management team of trends in customer calls.
- Manages administration, communicating and coordinating with internal departments.
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, problem-solving, critical thinking, verbal and written communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of individuals.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot through a variety of CDSS applications and services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of current principles and practices of customer service required.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness in working with a diverse team and consumer population.
- Ability to apply problem solving techniques to provide effective customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse socio-economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
What we Offer
- You’ll join a group of mission-driven, passionate, equity-minded individuals with a strong desire to impact and change lives for the better through education. As the official nonprofit auxiliary to the Chancellor's Office, we aim to ensure our team reflects the diversity of the California Community Colleges and the 2.1 million students, campuses, and communities it serves. Individuals are hired for their deep understanding of each population’s unique needs and will join a collaborative environment where each team member plays an important role in helping Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families.
- We operate from an office located in downtown Sacramento’s thriving R Street corridor. Our benefits include the CalPERS defined benefit retirement plan, generous medical, dental, and vision, tuition reimbursement, and more. We take a strategic and comprehensive approach to investing in our people, fostering an environment for employee growth, and providing diverse opportunities for continued learning, professional development, and advancement.
- To learn more about the position, read the full job description > Call Center Agent, Community Impact
- For immediate consideration, please submit a letter of interest and resume saved as Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) or Adobe Acrobat PDF (.pdf) documents to [email protected] Please include in the subject line: “Call Center Agent, Community Impact”.