Plug In South LA (PISLA) is currently seeking a part-time Program Coordinator to assist with our Accelerator Program and Power Huddles. These two programs are aimed at supporting the next generation of Black & Latinx Founders from underrepresented communities, like South LA. Through mentorship, workshops, and guest speaking engagements, we’re enabling success for these emerging tech startups. Mentors play a key role at Plug In South LA as they provide strategic advice and guidance to help these companies achieve success. You will be working closely with the program manager, program assistant, business partners of PISLA, and prestigious mentors across a variety of industries including tech, investment, marketing, business & product development, legal, and finance to name a few.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and updating databases and documents to track progress with mentor onboarding and outreach
- Managing communications and meetings with mentors starting from initial outreach to participation in the accelerator & power huddles
- Participating in interview calls with potential mentors to assess fit for the accelerator program and availability
- Developing marketing materials for the PISLA website and social media accounts. Maintaining Speaker update newsletters and communication to the greater PISLA community.
- Maintain Slack Channel and resources for our Founder Network
- Matching mentors with cohort companies based on preferences, expertise, and needs from both parties. Maintain and track survey results from mentor-mentee matchmaking sessions.
- Outlining and communicating session agenda, goals, and mentor support for their curated content sessions
- Developing and detailing mentor expectations
- Assist in coordination of mentor-mentee follow up calls
- Receiving feedback from existing mentors to continue to improve the program
- Ongoing recruitment and vetting of prospective mentors through community partners, current mentors, and other events. Develop a referral program
- Open-minded, enjoy and commit to build positive and fun work environment
- Bachelor degree in Business/ Marketing / Finance/ Communications
- Proficient in Google Suite, Mailchimp, Wordpress, and Trello
- 2-3 Years of relevant work experience
- Strong passion in the Technology & Digital Media Industry & startup ecosystems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong personal relationship building and networking skills
- Organizational skills, flexibility, and strong time management
- Interested in entrepreneurship
- Meeting and working with early stage founders and tech disruptors
- Gain experience as a communicator in a professional and growth environment and be a part of growing our programs nationwide.
- Being invited to attend special events, internal operations meetings, and startup cohort programs.
- Introduction to the ever-growing, ever-sharing entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Ability to sit in and learn from successful entrepreneurs, VCs, investors, Corporate Executives, and more to grow your personal and professional skill set
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- Having a higher chance to grow and advance within the company
Job Types: Full-Time, Part-time