The Employment Specialist (ES) is key to client success. The Employment Specialist works 1-on-1 with clients to provide employment and case management services with the goal that clients get ready for a job, find a job, and keep a job. Responsible for a dedicated caseload, the successful candidate will have the ability to use independent judgment, exceptional organizational skills, and a willingness to incorporate emerging industry best practices and techniques in their work.
Duties and responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
Provide Client Support, Guidance and Case Management
- Oversee the day-to-day case management of both working and non-working clients. Encourage and motivate clients to work on their job search.
- Orient, assess, and provide employment counseling for clients. Assess clients for job readiness, including substance abuse, legal history, and mental and physical health. Provide referrals to educational, training, Chrysalis social enterprises, and other social services.
- Conduct 1-on-1 job readiness activities with clients, including resume building, practice interviews, job applications, computer tutorials, cover letters, reference lists, job search guidance, etc.
- Facilitate Job Preparation classes and other seminars on an as needed basis.
- Maintain up-to-date referrals resources for clients to facilitate employment search.
Foster Strong Client, Colleague, and Partner Relationships
- Participate in Chrysalis meetings and case conferences sharing best practices and providing thought partnership to colleagues.
- Provide training ideas and resources to leadership team, including the opportunity to conduct workshops for colleagues within the department and across the organization.
- Celebrate achievements and brainstorm solutions for department and organization-wide goals.
- Represent Chrysalis to stakeholders by providing site tours and presenting on services, as needed.
Monitor Client Progress and Program Outcomes
- Maintain accurate client/program data to manage caseload and generate reports.
- Document each service, the outcome and next steps, as well as any observations of clients’ skills, job readiness, and/or growth opportunities into ServicePoint, a case management database.
- Analyze and report monthly data as required to maintain accurate client and program-based statistics.
- Adhere to all Chrysalis policies and procedures.
- Support the Chrysalis Mission and adhere to the Chrysalis Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Passion for Chrysalis’s mission
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years relevant experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and the ability to work and make decisions independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately yet maintain flexibility
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Self-starter with “can do” attitude and initiative
- Ability to interact with clients, colleagues, partners, and others with diplomacy and tact
- Sensitive to various cultures and lifestyles
- Maintain confidential information and exercise discretion
- Computer literacy required. Must be proficient in Internet research, Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs and be willing to learn other applications as needed. Database management experience preferred
- Willingness to work flexible schedule depending on needs
- Willingness to travel to meetings (mileage reimbursed)