The Client Services Coordinator (CSC) is responsible for providing high quality services to the unhoused and low-income individuals who come through our doors every day. The CSC is the first point of contact with Chrysalis, greeting clients, staff, volunteers and donors. This role is key in coordinating services; ensuring adherence to organizational procedures; and fostering a safe, welcoming and professional work environment. This position requires a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills, highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Duties and responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
Provide High Quality Services to Individuals Visiting Chrysalis:
- Establish welcoming presence and maintain positive, motivating demeanor and tone.
- Greet clients to facilitate their access to Chrysalis programs and resources.
- Greet guests and assist them as needed.
- Promote and explain Chrysalis services accurately to visitors and callers.
- Carry out aspects of client orientation: distribute and explain the Client Services Form, assist with scheduling assessments, and create client ID cards.
- Distribute mail and relay messages to clients.
- Assist clients in accessing resources from partner agencies.
- Coach clients on professional behavior when necessary.
Facilitate Front Lobby Operations
- Administer client use of supportive resources such as the computer lab, phones, copier, mail, etc.
- Ensure clients scan in daily.
- Be aware of classes and other activities taking place and direct clients to activities as needed.
- Manage and respond to all incoming telephone calls.
- Inform guests of rules/procedures/policies.
- Assist in de-escalating situations as needed.
- Accept in-kind donations and process them accordingly.
- Assist with closing and opening procedures.
- Work collaboratively with other Chrysalis staff members to maintain quality services and effective operations.
Provide Administrative and Staff Support
- Input client data and case notes into Service Point (data system) promptly and accurately.
- Maintain supply of employment curricula and client service forms for use and distribution.
- Maintain up-to-date supplies for classes (handouts, teaching notes, and class sign-in sheets, etc.).
- Create and update Power Point Slides used in the lobby screen.
- Sort client and staff mail.
- Provide administrative support to Employment Specialists as needed.
- Assist the Program Manager, program volunteers and staff as needed.
- Participate in outreach activities, such as resource and job fairs, as needed.
- Assist in maintenance and inventory of supplies, facilities and equipment.
- Participate in case conference and staff meetings to help accurately assess and meet client needs.
- Participate in organizational meetings, trainings and other functions.
- Adhere to all Chrysalis policies and procedures.
- Support the Chrysalis Mission and adhere to the Chrysalis Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Passion for Chrysalis’s mission. Sensitivity and understanding of various cultures and lifestyles.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Previous customer service experience in fast-paced environment desired.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred,
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with staff and clients
- Computer literacy, data processing, and word processing skills (MS Office).
- Ability to motivate others and to solve problems
- Ability to communicate agency needs and policies to clients in a supportive and patient manner.
- Ability to maintain a professional environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Team player, with a clear understanding of team dynamics, who is willing to help other employees when needed.
- Experience and/or desire and commitment to work with unhoused, low-income, recovering populations.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule depending on needs.