The Assistant Vice President, Program Operations (AVP) leads a growing staff across multiple Chrysalis centers and programs providing clients with the resources and skills they need to get ready for, find, and keep a job. The AVP will work closely with the VP, Program Operations to maintain a consistently high standard of program delivery and outstanding client and staff experience across all sites. The AVP will oversee multiple Chrysalis programs currently including Downtown, DOORS, SECTOR, and Breaking Barriers; leading, training, and supporting staff to achieve program outcomes and working closely to ensure collaboration with all Chrysalis departments and external partners. [DOORS, SECTOR, and Breaking Barriers are all programs serving re-entry clients.]
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Develop and Oversee Achievement of Programmatic Objectives & Strategic Initiatives
- Provide effective internal leadership of programs and stewardship of resources.
- Align staff and resources to efficiently and effectively achieve programmatic objectives and outcomes.
- Support development of program policies, protocols, handbooks, and forms for all program components.
- Work closely with external partners and funders to ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled, clients are receiving a quality experience, and there are shared/agreed upon goals and outcomes in place.
- Take a leadership role in migration to a new case management database.
- Participate in organization-wide working groups, ensuring that the perspective of all staff members and programs is represented and considered.
- In conjunction with the Senior Leadership and other AVP, develop annual outcome goals, budget and ensure staff meets or exceeds outcome targets.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of program reports, evaluations, and other data collection (quantitative & qualitative).
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including:
- Chrysalis Enterprises to ensure grant requirements are met and program delivery to the clients is consistent and seamless between the two departments.
- Development & Communications to respond to and comply with grants, identify and secure clients to be profiled/featured in publications and events, etc.
- External Relations to identify resources for clients and promote Chrysalis services to new clients, including representing Chrysalis at community meetings
Train, Mentor & Manage Staff to Deliver Exceptional Service to Clients and Colleagues
- Maintain a culture of performance management and continuous improvement, helping staff focus on both their individual clients as well as the site and agency’s overall goals.
- Develop annual program plans and goals – including objectives, strategies, and specific targets.
- Monitor client databases and other performance tracking tools, working closely with the Director of Program Data.
- Develop and foster a culture of engagement, innovation, support, transparency, and accountability.
- Work closely with full Client Services management, including mentoring other AVP and Site Directors, to deliver best-in-class staff meetings and trainings, in addition to consistent application of processes and programming.
- Develop comprehensive annual training program plan in collaboration with HR/training department to include case conferences, Client Services team trainings, and organization-wide initiative content.
- Manage staff to maintain an electronic case management database (ServicePoint/Salesforce), updated in accurate and timely manner.
- Support staff in addressing client grievances in a timely manner.
Contribute to Organization and Sector as Agency Leader
- Play a leadership role in organization-wide Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts.
- Promote culture of collaboration and initiative supporting a positive work experience for all employees.
- Identify opportunities and proactively provide suggestions to refine and improve all aspects of program delivery, including those in support of goals outlined in the Chrysalis 5-Year Strategic Plan.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and Program Committee, preparing quarterly reports and presenting department and program-specific updates.
- Deliver presentations on Chrysalis to a variety of stakeholders, both as part of Chrysalis site visits and broader community meetings.
- Oversee delivery of contractor programming, including on-site counseling and legal aid partners.
- Provide tours of centers and represents Chrysalis to stakeholders. Build and maintain relationships with various partner agencies and service providers.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and support of volunteers, including providing support during Corporate Day of Service Events and Special Events.
- Manage facilities in partnership with administrative staff.
- Adhere to all Chrysalis policies and procedures.
- Support the Chrysalis Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Interest in, experience working with, and sensitivity toward the Chrysalis client population, including the re-entry community.
- Minimum 5 years in program delivery or equivalent experience with increasing management experience, including funder/grant management experience.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to coach/mentor staff and clients.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to use tact and diplomacy in all interactions and to appropriately represent Chrysalis to external audiences.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Facility for data and statistics, including comfort with spreadsheets and database programs.
- High level of proficiency in software applications including, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, and Google programs required. Previous experience in case management database program(s) preferred. Willingness to learn new computer applications.
- Car with valid driver license and insurance required.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to solve challenging operational problems and make timely decisions, often under pressure with tight and competing deadlines.
- Thrive in high-paced environment.